Allow "reason" to member for thread rejection, same as user rejection

I marked it in the picture. Reason for deletion cannot be added to unapproved messages. This is a big deficiency. How will the member whose message has been deleted know for what reason? The reason for deleting the unapproved message must be.

I think with the new thread types this is even more imperative. "I am sorry this article does not conform to the guidelines posted for publishing articles. Please see bullet #3 and feel free to re-submit." Etc, etc.

@beerForo

Any chance you found an addon for this?

We really need a way to reject content rather than deleting it, ideally giving the member the opportunity to correct the issue and resubmit it.

Something like this:

1. Member content added to Approval Queue.
2. Content is rejected (moderator includes the reason). Content is removed from the Approval Queue.
3. Member receives a rejection alert (along with the reason). A messageNotice note is also added to the content.
4. Member edits content to comply with the rules. Upon saving it will be resubmitted to the approval queue.
5. See #1.

I'm looking through some of @Ozzy47's addons now. Some are really close, such as the notification one, but not quite there.

Top Bottom