Allow Invisible field

What does that have to do with GDPR? There are totally legitimate reasons to have an invisible field in the resource manager. I'm testing to use it for articles, and in Germany we have a public institution that pays authors of texts of a certain length and quality from a public fund (not much, but nonetheless). In order to track hits they use a tracking pixel, that does not collect any personal information at all.

If you add tracking pixels, you would have to have your members accept it, kinda like cookies. At least that is the way I see it, I could be wrong though, wouldn’t be the first time. :p

You see, even if I had to have my members accept it, I would do so in my privacy policy statement, not by having "VG Wort: " standing on top or bottom of my article. I have yet to see a website where they write "Cookie: " on every page that sets a cookie, or "Google Analytics tracker code: " when they use that. Using tracking methods is not illegal, and it is standard procedure to "hide" them insofar as you do not announce them on every page.

Honestly, I do not see what this discussion has to do with my suggestion. If you do not have a use-case, don't use it - but to suggest that it could only be used with shady intentions is just wrong.

In this concrete case, a German semi-public agency assures that no personal information whatsoever are tracked, and that there is no need to take action under the GDPR/DSGVO. So, indeed, I'd rather stick to that.

Honestly, I do not see what this discussion has to do with my suggestion. If you do not have a use-case, don't use it - but to suggest that it could only be used with shady intentions is just wrong.

Can you please point me to where I said that it could be used for shady intentions?

No, there is a misunderstanding, I was simply trying to ascertain if it would conflict with the incoming GDPR compliance.

Top Bottom