Lack of interest Allow ability to add 'noindex' to member profile pages

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

TheBigK

This is surely going to get a mixed response - because member profile pages do drive some traffic to our own forum. However, a LARGE percentage of member profile pages have no useful content. Wouldn't it be nice to have an option to add 'NoIndex' to all the member profile pages ( or select usergroups ) ?

I can achieve this through inclusion of 'noindex' in template; but I think it's better if there's a checkbox to do that :censored:.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Privacy should always be in the hands of the users. And they can already control that:

upload_2014-2-1_13-16-31.webp

And you as an admin can also control that as a default:

upload_2014-2-1_13-18-22.webp

So from a privacy point of view, you can control whether the content is indexed or not already.

From a purely "Because I want to" point of view, you can make any page no follow, by adding this line to the page's content template:

<xen:container var="$head.robots"><meta name="robots" content="noindex" /></xen:container>

I'd argue there probably doesn't need to be any additional controls in the core.

Top Bottom