XF 2.1 Allow a user to delete their personal data to adhere to gdpr regulations

HJW

Is there a way for users to delete their personal data?

Getting lots of requests to delete accounts and it's annoying that they have to be dealt with manually to adhere to the gdpr regulations

User self-deletion is not stipulated as a requirement for GDPR compliance.
I think he's saying that he's getting too many requests, and would rather users be able to do it themselves than him have to process through them all manually.

If processing data using consent as the basis users are eligible to have their emails and IPs removed afaik.

User self-deletion is not stipulated as a requirement for GDPR compliance.
Since it is a mandatory legal issue to give this option in the forum, I think it should be included in the kernel and not as a plugin

GDPR: Legal Background
Companies must implement the GDPR by 25 May 2018. The steps required for this include the definition of policies on how personal data should be stored and, above all, deleted. The legal requirements which stipulate when a data controller must delete personal data are described, for example, in Art. 17 and 25 of the GDPR. In principle, personal data should be kept only for as long as absolutely necessary (the so-called “storage limitation principle“, cf. reason 39 of the GDPR). An obligation to delete personal data may also arise if a data subject requests the deletion of its data as per the “right to be forgotten” (Art. 17 GDPR), if they revoke a previously given consent, or if they object to the further processing of the person’s data.

since the appearance of the gdpr the forums with years of antiquity we have received and continue to receive requests for casualties and the system should have something planned

Since it is a mandatory legal issue to give this option in the forum, I think it should be included in the kernel and not as a plugin

GDPR: Legal Background
Companies must implement the GDPR by 25 May 2018. The steps required for this include the definition of policies on how personal data should be stored and, above all, deleted. The legal requirements which stipulate when a data controller must delete personal data are described, for example, in Art. 17 and 25 of the GDPR. In principle, personal data should be kept only for as long as absolutely necessary (the so-called “storage limitation principle“, cf. reason 39 of the GDPR). An obligation to delete personal data may also arise if a data subject requests the deletion of its data as per the “right to be forgotten” (Art. 17 GDPR), if they revoke a previously given consent, or if they object to the further processing of the person’s data.

since the appearance of the gdpr the forums with years of antiquity we have received and continue to receive requests for casualties and the system should have something planned
Agreed, I get was XF are saying it doesn't need to be automated but I think it really should be core as it wastes so much time and so many people ask for it then change their mind so it should be done with a timer :)

Top Bottom