"All Visitors" vs "Members Only"

Ati

On the Privacy page I can set who I receive conversations from etc.

The "People you follow" option is self-explanatory.

But what's the difference between the other two?

At first I thought "Members Only" meant registered users, while "All Visitors" meant everyone, including unregistered users. But I don't see a way for unregistered users to start a conversation anyway (even when I have this setting on "All Visitors").

All Visitors = people who have registered + guests

Can guests actually start a conversation with me?
eek.png

No, but unconfirmed members share the same permissions so they would be able to.

Edit: Except I've just tested it and it doesn't work so I think that's a bug as I can do everything else as an unconfirmed member.

Reactions: Ati
So there does not seem to be any difference between "All Visitors" And "Members Only" when I need to select who can start a conversation with me. Is that correct?

(I'm doing translating and preparing some sort of guide. Just by going through the phrases, I can feel that there is a lot of work behind this forum.)

Just to follow up on my earlier post, Mike/Kier confirmed that prohibiting unconfirmed members from starting PMs is intentional.
It's partially to do with anti-spam measures.

Reactions: Ati
Just to follow up on my earlier post, Mike/Kier confirmed that prohibiting unconfirmed members from starting PMs is intentional.
It's partially to do with anti-spam measures.

That's perfectly understandable. It was a little confusing to see all 3 options, when two of these seem to be the same (for this setting anyway).

Top Bottom