Alerts from watched thread(s) don't work anymore

Luxus

I am having this issue here, at xenforo.com and not on my own site. I have watched the XenPorta resource thread and noticed today that the last alert from it I got months ago. But the last reply there is from thursday. Why didn't I get any alerts?

(I haven't checked yet, but I feel other resource threads are affected too. Could this be related to the Resource Manager? Bug?)

If you get an alert from a Watched Thread and don't go and read the thread, you won't get subsequent alerts for subsequent replies until you read the thread again.

You will probably find if you now go to the thread, you will be taken to the last post that you read, from the last alert you received. After you do that, a new reply should trigger a new alert.

Yeah I recall "skipping some alerts" in the past. This must be it then.
(btw, why do you know all that stuff? I probably would have never figured that out myself, lol)

It's happened to me before quite often, and I noticed a pattern.

Embarrassingly, it even happened on one of my own resources. Somehow completely missed an alert then I noticed my Resource thread in the What's New list, and wondered what was going on. Turns out, that because I missed the alert, I also didn't get subsequent alerts. Won't make that mistake again :)

Top Bottom