Not a bug Alert bug?

TPerry

I've been noticing here (and on @Shelley's site) that I am getting alerts in areas that I have posted in - but none of them are a Watched topic. The latest one here was http://xenforo.com/community/threads/hotspots-by-waindigo.54028/, and the only post I had made in that area was on July 10, 2013. The resource and the discussion area are NOT shown as Watched (I have the option to Watch it at the top).
I have noticed this several times - but it is not consistent. I know at one time I did have that resource watched. The alert I got was due to a reply to the discussion thread.
Here are my current settings here:

Edit - resolution posted below.

Last edited:
Most likely, the reply was moved from an area that you do watch and merged with the thread. Alerts reflect the state of the item as it is currently and not as it was when the alert was sent.

Most likely, the reply was moved from an area that you do watch and merged with the thread. Alerts reflect the state of the item as it is currently and not as it was when the alert was sent.
@King Kovifor, I don't think that's what it's going to be as both of the alerts were from a reply by the author of that add-on (Waindigo). I don't see where his support replies for his add-on would have been merged from elsewhere.
Pretty much the same thing on Shelley's site. Over there I believe when you post, she has it set up as default to watch the topic. I unwatched the topic and am still getting alerts (both on the site and via email).

OK... I need another cup of coffee. I just noticed that you have TWO options in a resource topic that you can watch. The Resource AND the discussion area:oops:. The discussion area was still shown as watched whereas the resource wasn't watched. I think that's going to be what it was so this is NOT a bug.

Top Bottom