MG 1.1 Album behavior when linked in post

Tom McIntyre

We have been struggling with our images and mostly using attachments since the migration to XenForo 1.5 and XFMG 1.1.

I am trying to create some interesting discussions that reference collections of images in albums.

The way it is currently set up, if I click on the Gallery Embed tool (the camera) my images are all shown independently of what album they may be in. That is not best for me but it is OK for most of my users who do not have thousands of images in the Media gallery. I can find one or two images from a particular album and embed them in the post.

When a member is reading the post, the can click on a picture and it takes them to the album with the picture displayed. If they double lick the image when viewing the album, they can scan the images in the album similarly to the light box behavior they are familiar with.

That would all be good and I can teach them to use this, but to get back to the discussion thread, The need to use the back button in the browser. Since one exits the light box by closing it, it occurred to me that I would prefer the album view to launch in a new window or tab so that it could just be closed to exit.

I thought that would surely be an option, but I cannot find any such option. I may be able to modify the template which displays the enlarged image in the post so that it opens in a new window but I have not yet explored this.

Is there some way to make the albums seem a bit more natural to those familiar with attachments only?

Top Bottom