[AL] Original Poster Highlight

[AL] Original Poster Highlight 1.5.0

No permission to download
Check available locations in style properties for this product. You can find them quickly by using Admin Panel quick search with "Switch ribbon position (desktop)" and set it to "Text: Post Indicator".

Thank you!
Thank you! Nice job!

@AddonsLab You seem to have called a aloph_op_post_indicator_EWRporta template in your build for the XenPorta 2 PRO compatibility, but have left these as aloph_op_post_indicator_EWRporta_xf20 and aloph_op_post_indicator_EWRporta_xf21 respectively?

Last edited:
@AddonsLab You seem to have called a aloph_op_post_indicator_EWRporta template in your build for the XenPorta 2 PRO compatibility, but have left these as aloph_op_post_indicator_EWRporta_xf20 and aloph_op_post_indicator_EWRporta_xf21 respectively?

Sorry for the delay with this one. I have just checked your package, and you have a reference to "aloph_op_post_indicator_EWRporta" template there, but do not have the code for the template included. We just did not have time to test XenPorta integration. Please check and let us know how how your build works, most likely the template is on your board. Please paste the content here and we will include it in our build.

Thank you!

I can't seem to get this to work. Just installed it on a TH theme. However, it does not work on default theme either. Am I missing something?

Edit: I don't know how but it started to randomly work.

Last edited:
I can't seem to get this to work. Just installed it on a TH theme. However, it does not work on default theme either. Am I missing something?

Edit: I don't know how but it started to randomly work.

Unfortunately, we don't have time to test it on a custom theme, but I am quite sure it should work, at least some of the positions. If none of the existing positions works, it should be some misconfiguration. Please double-check product Style Properties. Hopefully someone using TH theme can confirm how it works for them.

Thank you!

Hi, I've got it set to "Text - Post Indicatior" - However when I try and change the ribbon design colour it does not seem to update and stays as the default colour. Any advice on this please?

Hello, @DaveL

The "Ribbon Design" style properties are used only for the look of the badge on the avatar. The design at the position "Text - Post Indicator" is controlled by XenForo style itself by default and looks the same as the "New" indicator. However, you can use "Indicator Design" style properties to change the default look:

Thank you!

Hello, I can not get this to work at all.

Is it an issue with the latest update?

You can see the latest version running on our demo board, and the indicator can be see on this page - https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php?threads/original-poster-test.170324/

Please double-check product options and make sure you did not disable it for your theme, and check Appearance -> Style Properties -> [AL] Original Poster Highlight page for different configuration options regarding the ribbon position. Please note, that the indicator is not shown on the very first post of a thread, but only on subsequent posts by the thread author.

Thank you!

You can see the latest version running on our demo board, and the indicator can be see on this page - https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php?threads/original-poster-test.170324/

Please double-check product options and make sure you did not disable it for your theme, and check Appearance -> Style Properties -> [AL] Original Poster Highlight page for different configuration options regarding the ribbon position. Please note, that the indicator is not shown on the very first post of a thread, but only on subsequent posts by the thread author.

Thank you!
All sorted now.

Cheers :)

Noticed a (very small) CSS issue. Viewing on a desktop, the mobile New indicator creates a gap when the OP posts. If you compare the top New indicator with the bottom New indicator you'll see what I mean (bottom is OP).

If you display: none; the <li> above <span class="message-newIndicator threadStarterMobile"> rather than the span this gap goes away :)

1565018319610.webp

Hi,

Is it possible to change the post background of the posts made by the original poster so they are more noticeable?

This addon is still throwing an error in ACP. Looks like this was acknowledged in XenPorta thread a long time ago. Any plans to fix?

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: Template public:aloph_op_post_indicator_EWRporta is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:623

This addon is still throwing an error in ACP. Looks like this was acknowledged in XenPorta thread a long time ago. Any plans to fix?

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: Template public:aloph_op_post_indicator_EWRporta is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:623

We missed it somehow, we will check and fix it asap.

Thank you!

Top Bottom