• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[ajaxboy] AutoUpdater

AutoUpdater 1.2 candidate, for testers only

A new version of the Autoupdater is out, this version can safely be used by anyone, but it is recommended that mostly testers at this point get their hands on it, because it is a new release, and I would like to see a super stable version for everybody, once some more rigorous testing has been approached. There are no known issues.

I have not worked much on this, until recently due to having too much work on other projects. Please help out with the testing and proving feedback, that is much appreciated.

ChangeLog

AutoUpdater 1.2
May 1, 2011

Rebuilt the processing of alerts and messages, now uses Xenforo's registry.

Added Support for pages: While viewing thread, while in conversation, while viewing forum listings

Other improvements to the JavaScript framework (Cjax).

[1.1 unreleased]

* Javascript timer engine bug fixed
Some times Javascript would echo events that were set in the past, and some times would not act accurately.
This bug was fixed. Timer seems accurate now.

* fixed some case errors that would cause problems in linux servers

Attachments

I'm gonna setup a testing site for this treasurer and see how it interacts with other add-ons I've installed such as XenOptimise, widget framework, chat add-on.

Please enter a valid callback method.
When trying to install mod...
version 1.2

Edit:nvm...accidently put files in root not /library

Every once in a while there is a error that pops up on a orange bar.

Error: Server responded with a unusual response, see available server error logs for details

It still works though. Nice job Treasurer.

Every once in a while there is a error that pops up on a orange bar.

Error: Server responded with a unusual response, see available server error logs for details

It still works though. Nice job Treasurer.

Ajax request was interrupted, when you navigate away from the page - while the request is firing - it would cause this effect, and the Ajax call would fail.

I'll take note to make adjustment to that, so it can be turned off. When you feel everything is working properly.

Thanks for the feedback, seems it is doing pretty good so far. Still not unknown issues.

More testers, and more feedback, would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot guys for helping out.

Hi Treasurer, I set my site on a test enviroment and installed your add-on.

I'm getting this error:

is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(../cjax) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/user/public_html/:/tmp/)
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. is_dir()inAutoUpdater/cjax/core/cjax_config.phpat line88
  3. include()inAutoUpdater/cjax/cjax.phpat line22
  4. require_once()inAutoUpdater/ajax.phpat line22
  5. require_once()inAutoUpdater/Model/Cjax.phpat line15
  6. AutoUpdater_Model_Cjax->fireCall()inAutoUpdater/ControllerPublic/Thread.phpat line9
  7. AutoUpdater_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line310
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line132
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run()in/var/www/vhosts/user/public_html/index.phpat line13
The server is using php 5.3.6 and also bunch of other add-ons like XenOptimize what information do you need to debug this error? Thanks.

Looks like a permission directory error, due to server configuration.. the addon should be under the public directory 'public_html', anyhow (which means should by default be under allowed path)? I'll look into this a little deeper.

In the mean time a quick fix it seems, to add the path of the addon to your allowed path(s) list.

Looks like a permission directory error, due to server configuration.. the addon should be under the public directory 'public_html', anyhow (which means should by default be under allowed path)? I'll look into this a little deeper.

In the mean time a quick fix it seems, to add the path of the addon to your allowed path(s) list.

Ok, I put it under library, the error is gone. But nothing pops up, I still need to refresh my page.

Edit: I'm using Flexile, so maybe the full replacement doesn't work with it. I will do it manually.

do you use firebug?, also, did you actually move the file to 'library'?..

I am doing a small patch so you can specify the path within the config file:, this might require additional testing since I cannot reproduce the error.

Usually I try not to discuss in public errors that I can't be reproduced - it just isn't very efficient. If they are fixed they will eventually be posted, and acknowledged . I'll send you a message with more info.

do you use firebug?, also, did you actually move the file to 'library'?..

I am doing a small patch so you can specify the path within the config file:, this might require additional testing since I cannot reproduce the error.

Usually I try not to discuss in public errors that I can't be reproduced - it just isn't very efficient. If they are fixed they will eventually be posted, and acknowledged . I'll send you a message with more info.

Thanks Treasurer, I replied to your PC

for whatever reason this addon didnt trigger alerts. i set all perms to allow, tried php and js, various setting, double checked, etc.
i had the 'loading' thing working, but the alerts never appeared. i didnt try troubleshooting with firebug; i gave up and uninstalled.
second this.

Debug is necessary, you need firebug to see if there are any errors. The message laztrix posted is part of a permission problem on the server having with directory restrictions.

1.1.x have these features now, so no need for the AutoUpdater anymore :)
I believe this mod refreshes automatically. XF 1.1 still requires you to activate an AJAX event first (replying to a thread, viewing the member card) before it updates alerts.

I believe this mod refreshes automatically. XF 1.1 still requires you to activate an AJAX event first (replying to a thread, viewing the member card) before it updates alerts.

Oh I see, I tried to use this on 1.0.x but never get it working. The author hasn't updated the add-on for the bugfixes.

Top Bottom