Ajax it all!

Shadow

Hello, I see you use Ajax here in xenforo, my suggestion is use Ajax everywhere. so instead of loading, we get ajax to post a message, load the pages, everywhere.

Would be much friendlier then seeing loading bars and stuff :)

Upvote 0
long-polling would only be good with a sever that can handle that many connections like Nginx. Also there is a push module for Nginx that would be more useful than just long polling.

Maybe something could be an option for VPS/Dedicated server owners: Meteor server. I'm currently using this as the liveblog base for my blog, and it seems to be doing fine.

Maybe something could be an option for VPS/Dedicated server owners: Meteor server. I'm currently using this as the liveblog base for my blog, and it seems to be doing fine.

I'm actually working on a plugin using node.js, its very easy to code with, just i'm not used to Xenforo. The node.js part is done practically. Its much more easier to maintain using node.js + socket-io means it can use websockets too, or you could use node.js + faye for Bayeux protocol channels. Orbited and a few others are good too.

Top Bottom