******* - AIO Social Comments [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried everything, and I can't get this working on resources. It works fine on threads. I'm using Resource Manager 1.1.5.

I had the 1.0.1 disabled and the copyright was still showing in the footer. Decided to uninstall and received this error:

Rich (BB code):
  1. *******_*******Helper_Installer->_checkLicense() in *******/*******Helper/1000100/Installer.php at line 88
  2. *******_*******Helper_Installer->initialize() in *******/*******Helper/1000100/Installer.php at line 269
  3. *******_*******Helper_Installer->uninstallAddOn() in *******/AIOSocialComments/Installer.php at line 21
  4. *******_AIOSocialComments_Installer::uninstall()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 200
  6. XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1779
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 122
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /path/to/community/admin.php at line 13

Any suggestions on how to uninstall this add-on?

I had the 1.0.1 disabled and the copyright was still showing in the footer. Decided to uninstall and received this error:
Any suggestions on how to uninstall this add-on?

Could you please give us full server error logs ?

******* updated ******* - AIO Social Comments with a new update entry:

25/11/2014: Version 2.0.0

- Imports your Facebook comments into your XenForo database for safe-keeping!
- All XenForo comments are retained, with option to display them below the Facebook box.
- All comments are printed in hidden blocks to maximize SEO.
- Minor bug fixes.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: rdn
Demo anywhere?

People who have this, have there been many comments using facebook on your forums?

Can someone show an image of a thread with multiple posts from facebook, disqus, and normal posts? Want to see what it looks like.

Demo anywhere?

People who have this, have there been many comments using facebook on your forums?

Can someone show an image of a thread with multiple posts from facebook, disqus, and normal posts? Want to see what it looks like.
Looking for a demo too. Specially for this new import comments function.

- Imports your Facebook comments into your XenForo database for safe-keeping!
- All XenForo comments are retained, with option to display them below the Facebook box.
- All comments are printed in hidden blocks to maximize SEO.
All my requested feature!
wow!

Also since this is only enabled for guests on my forum i think an extra permission would be beneficial.. As it is now it seems like if you deny any usergroup the ability to use this plugin you also deny them the ability to read it. "Can View Comments". and "Can Post Comments" should be used opposed to "Can Use"

Where are most of you inserting the comments block?? Since its only enabled for guests on my forum and no other groups can view the plugin with this setting i chose to place the comments box immediately after the first post.. Seems to make the most sense to me since messages will be very fragmented and no real linear conversations will be able to take place i thought this the best option..

Also wondering if anyone else is using this for guests only> Are you having a spam issue and if so how are you dealing with specifically?

Last edited:
Demo anywhere?

Demo information will be sent to you via conversation shortly.

This plugin doesnt seem to support locked/closed threads?
This still works with locked and closed threads. We will add display comment block condition option on next upgrade.

Also since this is only enabled for guests on my forum i think an extra permission would be beneficial.. As it is now it seems like if you deny any usergroup the ability to use this plugin you also deny them the ability to read it. "Can View Comments". and "Can Post Comments" should be used opposed to "Can Use"
Currently, We only able to provide a permission that "can use AIO comment block" and you can grant permission for any specific usergroups.

Heres a demo since the maker of this mod always seems to ignore peoples requests

http://www.rahstyles.net/forum/threads/new-series-wimax-mac-address-globe-philippines.363/
We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We always try on our best to solve all customer's issues. Please contract us and provide your issue and we will review it again.

Demo details via PM were for admin side. Doesnt really show a page populated with the facebook comments showing alongside the forum posts. Need to enter in facebook id etc in order to get that. Such a damn shame that the developer couldnt even have a screenshot of that very image in his listing and the addon being so damn ambiguous. Would appreciate someone who has this addon or configured it with their fb id and have a page with forum posts with fb comments on there.

Wouldnt the main reason why people have this is to allow non registered members the ability to post using FB etc on the forum? None of the sites that have this addon seem to allow non registered members the ability to do so.

If the addon does what it says, it could be awesome. Pity things are done so secretively.

@RAHSTYLES have you seen your site on a mobile? notifications/tickers galore...

Would the secrecy of this Demo have anything to do with potential Spam Issues or abuse?
Demo details via PM were for admin side.
Thank you for providing a partial answer to my inquiry.

None of the sites that have this addon seem to allow non registered members the ability to do so.
I have this running as of this morning for guests only.. However im finding it difficult to know if anyone has posted since i dont believe any logged in users can see the comments (if there are any) because i have not granted permissions for any other group to use this plugin.. To me this is a huge shortcoming.

FOr example if a guest asks a question only another guest will see it and be able to answer it.. (as far as i can tell) The only way a regular member would be able to even see the question or comment is to log out and view the forum as a guest themselves.. Also this wont (and i didnt expect it would) tie into any alerts or recent activity so finding any new social activity can be a real chore..

With that being said it does do what it says.. I just find it not quite enough to be practical so far..

Last edited:
Tried this on Fred C's page...what a disappointment.

Some notes that may be of assistance to others who may wish to buy this:

1) ability to post using fb/google only shows up under the first post. perhaps have it above the post reply box for unregistered users. Reason being is that it doesnt show up otherwise on any other page except the first page. (might be due to setup on his site)
2) You need to manually refresh the page to see the comments.
3) fb or google comments dont integrate well with the rest of the posts on the page...ie doesnt show up in the normal timeline of the page and is instead grouped separately. It just shows up under the first post (again might be due to the setup on his site)
4) Cant even tell if anyone has posted google+ comments unless u click that tab.

im going to buy this, and post screenshots and a review that might help people evaluate the addon as the current screenshots/demo/description arent sufficient enough for most people looking into the purchase of this addon.

1) ability to post using fb/google only shows up under the first post. perhaps have it above the post reply box for unregistered users. Reason being is that it doesnt show up otherwise on any other page except the first page. (might be due to setup on his site)
This is an admin option.. I have chose that position because the plugin really doesnt in any way allow for a single linear conversation.. It breaks them up in to 2/3/4 separate discussions so under the first post seamed logical placement to somewhat compensate for that specific shortcoming..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom