******* - Age Forums [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

Age Forums (version 1.0) - It makes a certain forum/forums accessible based on users age.

This mod will allow the admin to make a certain forum/forums accessible based on users age. If an user is below the age set by the admin for a particular forum/s they will get an error message. The admins are exluded automatically from this.

The forums can be made age only accessible on a forum per forum basis at your Acp->Applications->Node Tree and choose the forum that you want to make it age accessible. And all the way to the bottom of the forum you will see a new option: Age: Enter there...

Read more about this resource...

WE have forums where you have to be under a certain age to enter, any chance of the addon being able to do this?

WE have forums where you have to be under a certain age to enter, any chance of the addon being able to do this?

Yes. With this mod you can set a certain minimum age requirement on a forum per forum basis and all users below the age set by the admin will not be allowed to enter that forum/s.

Yes. With this mod you can set a certain minimum age requirement on a forum per forum basis and all users below the age set by the admin will not be allowed to enter that forum/s.

Ummmmm, it was sorta the opposite I was talking about lol :).

borbole, would you be able to break this restriction up a bit so that we could prevent people under a certain age from posting in specific forums?
In our case we want everyone (including spiders) to view our classifieds forums, but only over 18s can post in there.

borbole, would you be able to break this restriction up a bit so that we could prevent people under a certain age from posting in specific forums?
In our case we want everyone (including spiders) to view our classifieds forums, but only over 18s can post in there.

Only for posts or for creating threads as well? If you buy the mod I can adjust the mod to include the changes you need for an extra fee.

All posts including new threads. I think it would benefit the community if your addon did this functionality for everyone. What would the cost be to do that for everyone?

Regarding this add on can someone sneak their way through, like if they try and trick the system saying they are 26 for example when they are only 16?

That's not very secure, is there a way to prevent this from happening though?

No. Best I think you can do is prevent them from signing up with a second account by finding a mod that detects duplicate accounts, that way you can catch them if they try to circumvent later.

Love this one....
good addon

if i change the error text ( who under specific age) with other language, is it will give effect when be updated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom