1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

******* - Age Forums [Paid] [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by borbole, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

borbole submitted a new resource:

Age Forums (version 1.0) - It makes a certain forum/forums accessible based on users age.

Read more about this resource...

Shelley likes this.
  2. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

WE have forums where you have to be under a certain age to enter, any chance of the addon being able to do this?

3. borbole

Yes. With this mod you can set a certain minimum age requirement on a forum per forum basis and all users below the age set by the admin will not be allowed to enter that forum/s.

4. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Ummmmm, it was sorta the opposite I was talking about lol :).

5. borbole

Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding. It does the opposite too but it will need a small change.

6. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

borbole, would you be able to break this restriction up a bit so that we could prevent people under a certain age from posting in specific forums?
    In our case we want everyone (including spiders) to view our classifieds forums, but only over 18s can post in there.

7. borbole

Only for posts or for creating threads as well? If you buy the mod I can adjust the mod to include the changes you need for an extra fee.

8. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

All posts including new threads. I think it would benefit the community if your addon did this functionality for everyone. What would the cost be to do that for everyone?

9. borbole

I sent you a pm about it.

10. Live Free

Live Free Active Member

Is it possible to hide the entire forum based on age from the public node list?

11. borbole

Not in the current version/state of the mod.

12. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Does this still work?

13. borbole

Yes, it does.

14. Warren

Warren Member

Regarding this add on can someone sneak their way through, like if they try and trick the system saying they are 26 for example when they are only 16?

15. Live Free

Live Free Active Member

Definitely, if they sign up with an age that's not their own.

16. Warren

Warren Member

That's not very secure, is there a way to prevent this from happening though?

17. Syndol

Syndol Guest

Yes, with a mind probe :unsure:

borbole likes this.
  18. Live Free

Live Free Active Member

No. Best I think you can do is prevent them from signing up with a second account by finding a mod that detects duplicate accounts, that way you can catch them if they try to circumvent later.

19. Warren

Warren Member

Thanks @Live Free looks like it would be most likely down to luck by the sounds of it.

20. dewanita

dewanita Member

Love this one....
    good addon

if i change the error text ( who under specific age) with other language, is it will give effect when be updated?

borbole likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.