1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 After moving to new server, error "Array to string conversion"

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Andy.N, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

I moved the site to a new server with PHP 5.5.1 and received this error when trying to save some settings in ACP -> Options

ErrorException: Array to string conversion - library/XenForo/Input.php:192
    Stack Trace
    #0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Array to string...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 192, Array)
    #1 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/Input.php(192): strval(Array)
    #2 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/Input.php(179): XenForo_Input::_doClean('string', Array, Array, '')
    #3 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/AdvancedUpgrades/ControllerAdmin/Extend/Option.php(27): XenForo_Input->filterSingle('options', 'string')
    #4 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(313): AdvancedUpgrades_ControllerAdmin_Extend_Option->actionSave()
    #5 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #6 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #7 {main}

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Disable all add-ons and try again.

Do you have an add-on installed called Advanced Upgrades?
    I note that is listed in the stack trace.

Andy.N likes this.
  3. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Yeap, that's the one. I should have seen it if I look closer at those stacktrace.
    Disable it and the error gone away.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013