after installing add-ons, where are they?

audiokid

I've uploaded two add-on, they installed correctly, I see them installed admin.php?add-ons/ but where are they? I mean, do they install a control somewhere ( other than the url to the resources website) so you can use the add-on? I'm expecting to see something .

I've uploaded two add-on, they installed correctly, I see them installed admin.php?add-ons/ but where are they? I mean, do they install a control somewhere ( other than the url to the resources website) so you can use the add-on? I'm expecting to see something .
depending on the Addon.. It should appear inside the Options menu

I bet I am uploading these to the wrong directory. Do you add these into the upload directory of XenForo or does the upload directory simply mean, upload this to example: Library folder, js, folder etc?

right now, I'm not seeing anything in my options?

Upload the contents of the upload directory.

However, it's the .xml file which creates all the options, not the .php files.
Are you sure you have installed them correctly and the add-ons have options?

good question. I am uploading the content in the Upload to the Library and appropriate other directories of XenForo. Then importing the xml
What is the "Upload" directory for in XenForo?

There is no "upload" directory in XenForo.
That is the name of the directory/folder in add-ons, indicating that the contents of said folder should be uploadded.

This is the left pane of the FTP application when uploading add-on files:
upload_2014-3-1_23-34-1.webp

Note how I am in the upload folder.
So all I do is drag and drop the library and styles folders to the server.

If you see them installed in ACP, they are successfully installed.
If they have options, you'll find them in ACP > Options (just beside the regular Xenforo options).

Some add-ons do not have options, so they simply do what they are for without any settings.

Which add-ons do you believe there should be options for which you aren't seeing?
Sometimes you may need to set the admin perms for the add-on to be able to manage it.

The first one has no options.
The second one does - if you aren't seeing them, ask in the add-on thread for support.

As I have just migrated my vbulletin I did in fact need to set my user group permissions. Once done, I see the add-ons!

Thanks for your help :)

Top Bottom