XF 1.4 After 1.4.2 all redirects from old version are 404

polle

I had VBulletin and I am using Xenforo years ago. I have htaccess redirects and everything was working perfect until now, I went from 1.3.x to 1.4.2 and now I have thousands of 404 errors from all the old stuff.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=586
calendar
archive
memberlist
etc...

All of them suddenly appeared in WMT as 404 errors.

What was the change in 1.4 so this happened ?
How can I fix it ?

Thanks.

You'll need to give detailed examples of the links that are actually generating 404s.

Nothing in these upgrades would do what you're reporting.

You'll need to give detailed examples of the links that are actually generating 404s.
I will tomorrow, I deleted them all to test with some new rules.

Did you overwrite the .htaccess?
No, I did not. I am using the rules in the root and not in "/forum".

Everything was working perfectly, I updated XF and boom, 404 errors with everything in the old structure. And by old I mean years.

Thanks.

As Chris has said, it's not possible for the upgrade to affect those old links.

The upgrade does not affect the old (vB) installation which no longer exists and the current URL structure of XenForo is the same in 1.4.2 as it has been since 1.0.

Something else is at play here.

The only thing I did was upgrade to Xf 1.4.2, disable sitemap add-on, enable XF sitemap and submit that to WMT.

Not a single rule in the htaccess was changed, so for sure something went wrong in the change. The old sitemap add-on is not needed anymore, so I disable that of course. Can that be the problem ?

Thanks.

What were the links in the old sitemap?
How do the same links compare in the new sitemap?

Actually I don't think the sitemap is the problem here, because they look really similar. The problem is that all the redirected old URLs are now 404.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=586 was redirected to the correct Xenforo thread, now its a 404.

The same happens with:
calendar
archive
memberlist
etc...

And that has nothing to do with the sitemap I believe. I was using this.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=586
This URL appears to be a phpBB URL. The only way that would be redirected is if the viewtopic.php file exists and is handling the redirection or if you did something in .htaccess to do the redirection. I can't tell you what you did, but presumably one of those steps was undone.

Top Bottom