AERO Force Gaming |Forums

Summit

ForumLogo.png
First off...WOW! I created this post about 6 years ago. I had just purchased XenForo, and my young self had begun the process of making a website. Over time, with medical complications, college and other things going on in my life, I was unable to provide the love and care it needed. It sadly died away slowly...​

However, today I am exited to bring it back, taking the few steps to redo it. I'm happy to say I graduated college with a Computer Science/Cyber security degree, and attribute most of my passion and drive for that degree to this community and website. I will say, that I am starting from scratch. I'm coming back to AFG not expecting a grand success but rather a fun experience, to try new things, take bold new steps. I am keeping logos and overall themes ideology, but also fresh, new, and more minimal. Theres a lot I've learned over the years of what to do and not to do, and there is a lot more to learn. Im excited to start with XF2 as well! However, Im happy to bring this website back. So, let's get this back and rolling, AERO Force Gaming is, well, a gaming forum. My goal is to provide a place for all gaming related talk to occur. Click the logo above to transport yourself to AFG2.0.
Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 4.11.00 PM.webp
Note that everything is still WIP and looking for input

My Name is Michael, I have recently made a gaming website. Over the past few weeks, I was just getting situated, and getting a feel for the software. I felt that my old post showed outdated info, and seemed more like questions then reviews. I have added a few new things as well as a new logo, which was done wonderfully by DE Vexel here on XenForo. Now that I feel the website is just about done, I feel its necessary to get a new review. So here we go!

I would love to hear what you guys think, good or bad. I want to hear what you, the user thinks of the website. Im not the one visiting it, and of course, I will always like it since I made it. So second opinions are great! I know advertising is what I need to do as well, so I'm looking at forum promotion sites and social media soon.

Thanks Everyone!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 9.42.28 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 9.42.28 PM.webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Thanks! Really means a lot! Anything you would recommend to do, or any good ways to advertise?

Also, I would like to say thanks to everyone who stopped by to take a look at the site, and hopefully, I might even see you on it!

Anyone else got a review?

Last edited:
Looks good but there's not a lot of variety amongst the boards for discussion. Are you adding more forums soon?

I may join up for the hell of it. I'm looking for a forum to join anyways :)

Less is good. Although you need more variety than you currently have ;)

I joined up. Nice theme and all.

So far this forum has been awesome. Love the design. Props to whoever made it. So if any of you ****s are into gaming...I think you should show up. Make some time. Join us and help it grow.

Just-Do-It-Now.jpg

Nice work, I really like the logo and the background image, it is not intrusive and fills up the space well.

I also love the registration box on the top of the forums, did you do that as a custom design?

Nice work, I really like the logo and the background image, it is not intrusive and fills up the space well.

I also love the registration box on the top of the forums, did you do that as a custom design?
Yeah, the registration is custom, I collaborated with a designer to help me make it. Its really simple code, but looks nice :)

It also doubles as a welcome back to users who sign up!

Nothing much. You got everything, pretty much.

One question tho, what's the CSS for username glow? I noticed that on the site and I thought about getting that on my site.

Try this,
Code:
text-shadow: 0 0 0 transparent, 0px 0px 5px #hex;

What end result does that make? A shadow?

Where do I put the color of the "shadow" (glow?), in the hex area?

End result is the glow effect. It's basically just a text shadow. You put whatever color you want the color of the shadow to be in the hex area, of course it has to be a hex code.

Site looks really good btw. Just needs some more content, & active users. That's the hardest part of general gaming forums. I'm in the same boat with one of my sites. Just gotta keep consistent with it, and don't give up.

I'm sorry, I wasn't on. @JABRONI is right. Just paste the code in the users box and your set :)

Thanks @Code Monkey, I'm glad you liked it :)

Also thank you all for the positive feedback. I'm trying really hard to get the name out there, but it is hard to get people to join. I'm not giving up though, so no worries.

Anyone else got feedback, or anything that needs to be added?

Last edited:
I knew where it goes. :) Thanks to @JABRONI for the answer(s).
Glad he got you the answer you needed :)
Thanks @JABRONI for posting that :)
Also, thanks to each and every person that posted and viewed. It means a Lot, when you guys give me positive feedback, and more when you give me suggestions. This is why I choose XenForo, not just the software, but the community.

Need an opinion on the Resource Tab. Should I keep it? Does it look good? Let me know, I think it might work out, but need second opinions.

As a gaming forum creator, and a visitor to a lot, I don't think gaming forums need a resource page. If anything, I would start saving up to get the XenRio addon. It's pretty much a must with how much Twitch TV has blown up in the past 2 years.

Top Bottom