Lack of interest Adyen payment support (250+ payment methods)

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Alpha1

Please consider to add support for Adyen payment methods. This will allow people to pay with 100+ payment methods including online banking, bitcoin and cash. Adyen advertises easy integration. It has a Direct API and as a platform it offers and allows for plugins.

Please see:
International Payment Services - Adyen

Having such an advanced payment service provider in the core would greatly enhance XF and addons.

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Having a universal sort of paygate is a great idea...the only problem with something like including this in the core is that you would have to assume every single person using xf is 100% PCI compliant.

https://www.adyen.com/home/technology/integration#API said:
PCI Compliance
With direct API payment, data is routed on a customer's own server. So businesses with API need to comply with strict PCI security audits. You are required to be PCI DSS compliant at Level 1 or 2, depending on the volume of transactions you process.

SungardASVoice: PCI Compliance: How To Be Fine, Not Fined

I don't store or directly accept CC numbers from folks so I am not worried about these things presently but...if I was the following numbers would certainly put a fire under my ass...
http://www.pcistandard.com/card-association-fines/ said:
MasterCard's quarterly escalating fines for non compliance are:
Level 1 & 2 Merchants
  • First Violation – Assessment Amount: Up to $25,000
  • Second Violation – Assessment Amount: Up to $50,000
  • Third Violation – Assessment Amount: Up to $100,000
  • Fourth Violation – Assessment Amount: Up to $200,000
Level 3 Merchants
  • First Violation – Assessment Amount: Up to $10,000
  • Second Violation – Assessment Amount: Up to $20,000
  • Third Violation – Assessment Amount: Up to $40,000
  • Fourth Violation – Assessment Amount: Up to $80,000

The idea is good, but to use an API and not a hosted solution from them would add overhead for anyone just trying to offer something like a simple user upgrade and wouldn't really be worth it for the people who bring in 100 or 200 a month in sales.

Adyen offers various integration methods. They have hosted payment pages, so its not necessary to use a direct API.
Integration - Adyen
No need for PCI compliance
The goal of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is to protect cardholder data wherever it is processed, stored or transmitted. With the HPP solution, Adyen acts as a full PCI compliance partner for merchants.

You don’t need to worry about PCI compliance. Nor do you have any PCI compliance costs. That’s because all payments are handled in full through Adyen’s server and outside of your platform. Yet you can still support all debit and credit card payment methods, including one-click/single screen shopping and recurring payments.

Also interesting:
Adyen’s ready-to-use HPP allows you to retain control of the look and feel of your pages, with all transactions routed through Adyen’s server. Moreover, Adyen HPP supports over 250 payment methods and allows you to support payments in any major or emerging e-commerce market.

Our customers can accept all their payments via a single technical and administrative connection to our platform. Once connected, supporting additional payment methods will usually involve no additional technical implementation work. Because all payment methods share a single unified interface with respect to reporting, the administrative impact on your organization is minimized.

Right and I'm not arguing that, but I was talking about the API in particular that Alfa brought up which they specify as the end user of their service being responsible.

~ but to use an API and not a hosted solution from them ~

Other services they offer would be very similar to PayPal as far as server requirements and them storing the card info and stuff but the API itself requires you the server admin to be responsible for the secure storage of the sensitive customer data.

And again I don't care because the one transaction I tried to make on a public store front failed because I forget to put the callback in place so they never got their license and I returned their money and never sold anything.

When I do custom work for people I just bill them or they send money directly to my paypal/email when I am done and they are happy with the job so this doesn't really apply to me either way, just pointing out some of the technical stuff that could make or break a line of thinking.

but I was talking about the API in particular that Alfa brought up which they specify as the end user of their service being responsible.
Xf uses PayPal API too. They do not store or record credit card details, thus it meets PCI compliance for the transaction.

Xf uses PayPal API too. They do not store or record credit card details, thus it meets PCI compliance for the transaction.
He is not talking about paypal, he is talking about something different and that is what I was responding to.

He is not talking about paypal, he is talking about something different and that is what I was responding to.
No, you're suggesting that Xf implementing Adyen would have to be different to the way they've implemented PayPal because of concerns around PCI compliance. Clearly wrong.

No, you're suggesting that Xf implementing Adyen would have to be different to the way they've implemented PayPal because of concerns around PCI compliance. Clearly wrong.

Let me clarify a bunch of things for you here.

I don't care about the suggestion one way or another, I didn't make the suggestion nor did I like the first post I merely replied to something to make a point of what the OP said after I checked the link out to consider if I had any opinion on the matter and said my bit.

Please consider to add support for Adyen payment methods. ~
It has a Direct API

dfsgdsf.webp

I am saying something that needs to be considered if using their API ... what's 'clearly wrong' about the downside I pointed out about the suggestion?

what's 'clearly wrong' about the downside I pointed out about the suggestion?
That same compliance requirement is already upon those using Xf's core PayPal integration. Adding Adyen, with the same methodology that Xf have implemented PayPal, is no downside. And it certainly doesn't apply to every single person using Xf, only those site owners using payment gateway services.

Last edited:
Please consider to add support for Adyen payment methods. ~
It has a Direct API

The idea is good, but to use an API and not a hosted solution from them would add overhead for anyone just trying to offer something like a simple user upgrade and wouldn't really be worth it
Adyen offers various integration methods. They have hosted payment pages, so its not necessary to use a direct API.
Integration - Adyen

They redirected members to paypal to complete the purchase...that is not using a direct API, I ignored that because you seem to just want to argue and tried to make you understand my point like in the quote below and you choose to ignore it without making much sense.

Right and I'm not arguing that, but I was talking about the API in particular that Alfa brought up which they specify as the end user of their service being responsible.

I am clearly talking about the API and Alfa responded to what I actually said, I was just saying that using the API is probably out no matter what...
fdgdfg.webp

For that matter even using paypals payflow flowlink system doesn't necessarily make you PCI compliant, it just takes the most burdensome part out of becoming compliant for you average small business person.

How can PayPal help me with PCI compliance?
We have a PCI-compliant solution called Payflow Link that makes it easier for you to meet PCI standards. We offer checkout page templates that you can customize to match the look and feel of your website. These pages are hosted by PayPal, so our experts handle data security on your behalf.

This solution delivers two key advantages. Your customers never leave your site, giving them a seamless checkout experience. And since PayPal is PCI-compliant, †your task of meeting these standards is a good deal simpler.

Call 1-888-879-8716 for details about Payflow Link.

Note the use of the phrase "a good deal simpler" and the absence of of the word "done" or "complete".

You can keep trolling if you want now, I'm done.

Let's get back to what really matter: why an extensive payment service provider like Adyen would be a major enhancement to XenForo.

The fact that Adyen offers various integration methods is to illustrate that Adyen excels at integration. API is just one of various integration methods. The openness of Adyen as a platform is why Adyen has been growing from virtually unknown to a major player. I think that this aspect of Adyen makes it very attractive to XenForo.

For webmasters Adyen is very attractive because it offers an insane number of payment methods. And thereby it can significantly increase income stream. (account upgrades, donations, ads, etc)

Increasing the income of xenforo websites is good for xenforo on many levels, because admins then have more to spend on licenses, addons and services.