Implemented Advanced search results: topics

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
If you search threads and posts only (button on top right), this is an option. The regular search you see is content type unaware; it is designed to be added to as a unified type search.

try to check the box for the Search titles only :)
thats a different feature, what i am talking about is the way the result is showed, i want it to search through posts but only show one result per thread
If you search threads and posts only (button on top right), this is an option. The regular search you see is content type unaware; it is designed to be added to as a unified type search.
i don't get it :confused:

the advanced search should include an option to show results as topics and not only posts
i don't get it :confused:

Ai :confused:. I understand why people don't get it. I never realized there was this button [Search Threads & Posts] available. What is the reasoning behind putting it there in the upper right corner, where it is too 'hidden'? I am fairly sure if I miss things and 'don't get it', most of my members will have the same issue.

I am not a programmer, so I don't understand technical reasons, but I understand it is not possible (is it?) to just dish the whole button [Search Threads & Posts] in the upper right corner and present the enduser with this screen:

http://xenforo.com/community/search/?type=post

instead of this:

http://xenforo.com/community/search/

... when they choose [Advanced Search]?

If that is not possible, then please incorporate the option [Search Threads & Posts] better on that latter page. It needs to be more 'in your face', more integrated/presented there were the information is (meaning in the center of the screen, not somewhere in a corner where it is not visible enough). A [Tab] mabye? Please improve this, because Search is one of the most important KEY functionalities on a forum platform. Thanks!

Ai :confused:. I understand why people don't get it. I never released there was this button [Search Threads & Posts] available. [...] I am fairly sure if I miss things and 'don't get it', most of my members will have the same issue.

True. I didn't realize there was this button available, until Mike pointed that out above. (#3).
It could do with a better placement.

A [Tab] mabye?

Like this?
Crappy implementation and phrases. But I think it gets the point across. :)

tabbed-interface.webp

I feel what I try to suggest here is rather important: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/suggestion-advanced-search-results-topics.2082/#post-30259

Since this is not posted in/as the first posting, liking this post doesn't do anything for the like-ranking of the first post. How do we handle this? The search is KEY and the button [Search Threads & Posts] is clearly not positioned well enough. Granted, it's not many people, but the fact is more or less proven by the thread starter and the confirmations in this thread. I guess if we would like to see this getting attention from the devs, we need to like the first posting.

Woah, that button is way too hidden/unintuitive. I didn't find it until today, several weeks after starting to use the software.

I'm not even convinced we need to separate advanced search forms? But if we need two separate forms, how about putting them on the same page in a tabbed interface?

the advanced search should include an option to show results as topics and not only posts

I guess this topic deserved the label '[Implemented] :). Next to that, the issue outlined here concerning the non-intuitive position of the (now former) button has also been resolved by introducing a [Tab] for it.

Top Bottom