******* - Advanced Noindex [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@cherylferraro thank you very much!

Since you have been using this, I hope you do not mind helping me out.

1) Have you seen any significant impact on your rankings by using this plugin?
2) Can I noindex forums and categories? If I do that will all posts be noindexed in those forums? That would be good.
3) Do you have any other tips for this resource?

Thanks so much.

@Pavle123

No problem. To answer your questions:

1) The problem that I was having with these forums is that they were ranking highly for random terms unrelated to the intended topic of the community. Since noindexing the off topic threads I have noticed that the keywords listed in GWT are more frequently related to the main topic of the forum.

2) I didn't see any way to noindex categories, but I may have missed something. I did noindex off topic sub-forums where people gather and chat about miscellaneous things not related to the main forum topic. All threads in those forums do have the intended noindex meta.

3) I also noindexed the member profiles and forumdisplay pages. I don't have any experience with the minimum number of days or replies settings because the members of these forums are very active so that is not often a concern on these particular forums.

So far so good. From what I've seen the previously discussed concerns about this add on have been resolved on my forums - xenforo 1.4.3.

Last edited:
Thank @cherylferraro this is exactly what I want to do with my new forums. Prevent junk topics such as faq, introduce yourself, chit-chat to show in Google, because they are not useful for the search engine users.
I also want to noindex member profiles. Though I have yet to figure out what forum display pages are, I think I will no index them as well if they are the pages like FAQ page on XenForo here.

What about branding? Are there many links pointing from your forums to authors site? I am unsure why XenForo allows authors to have branding links, one day google will hit them all for that.

I will buy the plugin thanks to you.

@Pavle123

From what I've seen this addon is now stable and will enable you to remove off topic content from the search engines.

I agree with your concerns about the link back to the ******* site which is why I bought it with a professional license. I had previously bought another ******* addon with a standard license and when I noticed that it had added a link from my forum to *******'s site I chose to upgrade that license to remove the link.

Has anyone been able to figure out how this plugin works with other additions?
Especially the showcase addition by @Bob. I would like to noindex those pages, since I do not think my members would bother adding content to the showcase, only photos, which will be considered "thin" in the eye of Google.

So how to noindex those? Any ideas? I opened a support ticket at @******* site but no reply so far.

Has anyone been able to figure out how this plugin works with other additions?
Especially the showcase addition by @Bob. I would like to noindex those pages, since I do not think my members would bother adding content to the showcase, only photos, which will be considered "thin" in the eye of Google.

So how to noindex those? Any ideas? I opened a support ticket at @******* site but no reply so far.
I'm not familiar with the showcase addition but I did use the following method to noindex / follow xentag tag pages.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/adding-noindex-to-some-pages.39513/#post-448323

@******* What on earth is wrong with this plugin?

Here are my settings, I listened to your instructions in a support ticket
plguin.webp

Still when I go to page source on my threads, I see

<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW">

The plugin just messed up my entire site. Are you going to tell me if its a bug or what?

Tried to change word in range of 0-10 000 and nothing works.

Guys, make sure not to have 0 on
Age in days of last post to noindex a thread
It does not disable this option. It makes all threads to go noindex.

I am not sure why this feature can not be disabled. Can @******* please fix this?

For me it makes no sense to deindex pages that are old. Old pages are sometimes quite useful and contain lots of great info. So noindexing by age in days, makes no sense.

******* updated ******* - Advanced Noindex with a new update entry:

19/01/2015: Version 1.2.1

- Added option's description.
- Minor bug fixes.

Read the rest of this update entry...

@*******
I do not mean Noindex thread with no attachment.(Noindex threads with not attachments. If this option is enabled, threads which do not have attachment will be no-index.)
There should be an option for rel="nofollow" on attachments themselves. Because lots of attachments got indexed and it looks like junk in google.
Can you add it in the next update?

@*******
I do not mean Noindex thread with no attachment.(Noindex threads with not attachments. If this option is enabled, threads which do not have attachment will be no-index.)
There should be an option for rel="nofollow" on attachments themselves. Because lots of attachments got indexed and it looks like junk in google.
Can you add it in the next update?

Could you please explain more clear about your request ?

Thanks for your information but i'm regret to tell you it's impossible to implement this feature into Advanced Noindex add-on.
Okay, that really sucks, because I do think its highly needed. It would be really amazing if you could find a way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom