******* - Advanced Noindex [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bug with the word count was not the only problem wit 1.1.4 for me.

Second problem was: All Forum Pages are indexed or all Forum Pages are noindexed.
But the Selection of the Sub-Forums i choose which should not be indexed, has not worked.

The bug with the word count was not the only problem wit 1.1.4 for me.

Second problem was: All Forum Pages are indexed or all Forum Pages are noindexed.
But the Selection of the Sub-Forums i choose which should not be indexed, has not worked.

Could you please capture your addon option page ?

I am sorry. I am now back on 1.1.2 which works for me and i have not made a screenshot when i was on 1.1.4.
But i have played with the options and the problem was the same.

I cannot get the option for minimum number of replies to no-index a thread to '1', it will still index a thread if it meets the word count criteria. It should noindex any threads that don't have any replies.

Pages within a forum seems to work and I'm still testing word count. From what I can tell, it's working.

Threads with zero replies is a big issue, probably the main reason people might use the plugin.

@tafreehm I may be able to answer your questions.

No, not all issues have been fixed. The latest version does not let you set a no-index tag based on reply count. So for example, if a post meets the word count criteria, it will override any settings to noindex a post with zero replies.

It won't no-index all your pages. As the site owner, you need to set specific parameters.
  • You can set posts to no-index based on word count.
  • You can set member pages to be no-index
  • You can set pages within a forum to be no index, but allow the first page. So if you have forum category for Blue Widgets, you don't need 84 pages of posts indexed. You need the threads and the first page.
  • You can set entire forum categories. This is useful if you have a category that isn't specific to your niche.

Again, the other option is # of replies to no-index. I'm hoping @******* gets that fixed quickly, as its one of the main reasons folks would use this add-on.

I hope that helps.

@tafreehm I may be able to answer your questions.

No, not all issues have been fixed. The latest version does not let you set a no-index tag based on reply count. So for example, if a post meets the word count criteria, it will override any settings to noindex a post with zero replies.

It won't no-index all your pages. As the site owner, you need to set specific parameters.
  • You can set posts to no-index based on word count.
  • You can set member pages to be no-index
  • You can set pages within a forum to be no index, but allow the first page. So if you have forum category for Blue Widgets, you don't need 84 pages of posts indexed. You need the threads and the first page.
  • You can set entire forum categories. This is useful if you have a category that isn't specific to your niche.

Again, the other option is # of replies to no-index. I'm hoping @******* gets that fixed quickly, as its one of the main reasons folks would use this add-on.

I hope that helps.
Thank you. I hope he'll get to remaining issues soon.

******* updated ******* - Advanced Noindex with a new update entry:

08/11/2014: Version 1.2.0

- Fixed bug on zero count of reply.
- Supported XenForo 1.4.x Sitemap: Don't import the threads which have no-index tag.
- Minor bug fixes.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I need an option to set a threads on noindex if that was not hit xxx days.
And please build in the deletion of a canonical tag for noindex threads.
Then the addon is perfect. Can you do that?

******* updated ******* - Advanced Noindex with a new update entry:

08/11/2014: Version 1.2.0

Read the rest of this update entry...

Leaving pages with no-index off the sitemaps is a nice addition. It works with the variables, but for some reason, I have trouble getting it to work if you are selecting an entire forum category to no-index. Those threads are remaining in the sitemap.

So for example, let's say you select "Off Topic" as an option to "No index all threads in a forum." When I create a sitemap, threads within that forum are still within the sitemap. Despite the no-index tag appearing, if I edit the no-index tag and save (despite not making any changes) - that removes it from the sitemap.

By leaving "0" on these options, I disable them, right?

Minimum number of replies to noindex a thread
Minimum number of words to noindex a thread

Dear cmeinck:
As reponsed on your ticket at our website.
When we develop this add-on, we minded your issue but for reduce query and better forum performance, we chose current solution. For threads on no-index forum and nobody access after add-on installed, these still listed on sitemap. Noindex state will be automatically update when someone access to the thread.

@Daniel-SP That's right.

Leaving pages with no-index off the sitemaps is a nice addition. It works with the variables, but for some reason, I have trouble getting it to work if you are selecting an entire forum category to no-index. Those threads are remaining in the sitemap.

So for example, let's say you select "Off Topic" as an option to "No index all threads in a forum." When I create a sitemap, threads within that forum are still within the sitemap. Despite the no-index tag appearing, if I edit the no-index tag and save (despite not making any changes) - that removes it from the sitemap.
@******* I'm experiencing this same problem. I have 2 forums marked no index and the noindex meta is being inserted into the page source but all of the threads within those forums are still being included in the sitemap.

I tried running xenu on the noindex forums to see if that would trigger the threads to be dropped from the sitemap but they are still there. Is there any automated solution that you can recommend for this or do we have to manually open every thread to remove it from the sitemap?

Last edited:
Has anyone experienced issues with threads incorrectly being set to no-index? I have a thread that was merged with others. As a result, it should meet the qualifications to be indexed. The last post in the thread is recent and it meets word counts. Would a merge affect the plugin or is this a sign of a bigger issue? Does rebuilding caches have any effect? There are times when I feel as if the results of this plugin can be random. I recently upgraded XenForo to latest patch and over-wrote my template. Not sure if either would impact this add-on.

Thoughts?

Hi guys,

I would like to know how this plugin works now? I saw there were some issues in past. Any feedback would be appreciated. I am considering about buying it, but would not like to have more issues then use of it.

@Pavle123 I've got it installed on two big old forums running on xenforo version 1.4.3. After checking the page sources of threads that are supposed to be noindexed or indexed every day for the past couple of weeks I haven't discovered any malfunctions. I also verified that the threads that are noindexed have also eventually been removed from the sitemap.

As far as I can tell it works as intended on xenforo 1.4.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom