[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
If a form is available for guests is there any kind of spam prevention eg. captcha we can add to the form?

If a form is available for guests is there any kind of spam prevention eg. captcha we can add to the form?
Hmm, I could have sworn it was already in there. I must have missed it while converting.

I'll see what I can do about adding it in the next release.

Snog updated Advanced Forms with a new update entry:

Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.x Update 1.0.5

An update to Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Submit button text not phrased
  • Fix - Missing Captcha on forms for unregistered users
  • Add - Option to view poll results without voting
  • Add - Option to hide unanswered question to question editor

Read the rest of this update entry...

A patch to the last update has been placed on the download server. I suggest everyone that has purchased this add-on download and install the patch.

Instead of it posting to a thread could you have it simply message a specified staff member the completed form?

You can.

It has options to send the completed form by email or private conversation, rather than posting to a thread. You can also do all three versions (post, email, private message) together, in addition to a "Form successfully submitted" message to the user.

SXSOzfO.png

Is it possible for users to choose between two different forms if I set it to replace the Quick-Reply funciton?

Will this form allow exporting of data submitted from the form? We want get the entries in a csv or google sheet.

Will this form allow exporting of data submitted from the form? We want get the entries in a csv or google sheet.
The short answer is no. However....

The add-on does have an option to save the form data to a database table. But, interpreting and reading that data is up to the end user. I don't support how the data is read or supply any code for reading it.

From the form create/edit options:
By checking this box all answers to questions for this form (except file upload and header answer types) will be saved to the xf_snog_forms_answers table in the database.
Under normal use this should not be checked.

NOTE: No processing is, or will be done with the data that is saved. The option is provided for those that would like to process the information on their own. People using this option should already know how to use, and extract information from, multiple database tables.
No support will be given for processing the xf_snog_forms_answers table.

I tell you what would be really handy - the ability to just completely duplicate an existing form and just choose a new name for it.

I generally have to make a new form, but just change say the title, or the recipient, but find myself more or less having to create it from scratch when in reality, all I needed to do was change the recipient.

Any chance of this in an update?

I tell you what would be really handy - the ability to just completely duplicate an existing form and just choose a new name for it.

I generally have to make a new form, but just change say the title, or the recipient, but find myself more or less having to create it from scratch when in reality, all I needed to do was change the recipient.

Any chance of this in an update?
You can already copy a form, but the questions are not copied with it. For now, I would suggest defining a default question set so it would be easier to insert the questions into a new form.

But, I do plan on adding the questions to the copy routine in the future.

So, I'm having this issue where the titles for forms Seems to sporadically not work. For example, I have this as a title.

firefox_2018-02-28_00-13-03.png
These are the questions, as you can see, they're red, and a valid title entry.

firefox_2018-02-28_00-13-58.png
And yet the thread comes out like this.
firefox_2018-02-28_00-15-19.png

Yet if I create a new report by copying it and adding the first two questions I make, it seems to work. Sometimes the title works fine, other times it doesn't at random. I can't find the common denominator.

yclv6ahm

firefox_2018-02-28_00-19-09.png

firefox_2018-02-28_00-18-42.png

I hope my explanation makes sense. Additionally, I have a question, are there plans to make the end result of the submitted form formatted? Would be really useful to make it all look prettier, add headers, split up content into sections, etc.

When users do not meet the criteria, they're just redirected to an error page (the classical Oops! We ran into some problems.). Why don't you instead let us provide a custom message to users?

In my particular situation, I set that people must have an avatar set in order to use the forum, and I think it would be more beneficial to let users know why they can't use the form, rather than returning a generic error, so either a custom message admins can set, or a list of the criteria users are not meeting would be good enough for them to understand the reason and eventually do all they can to meet the criteria (in my example, they could've just set an avatar to finally use the form, rather than getting a generic error which gives them no info about the reason of it).

Thanks.

So, I'm having this issue where the titles for forms Seems to sporadically not work. For example, I have this as a title.

firefox_2018-02-28_00-13-03.png
These are the questions, as you can see, they're red, and a valid title entry.

firefox_2018-02-28_00-13-58.png
And yet the thread comes out like this.
firefox_2018-02-28_00-15-19.png

Yet if I create a new report by copying it and adding the first two questions I make, it seems to work. Sometimes the title works fine, other times it doesn't at random. I can't find the common denominator.

yclv6ahm

firefox_2018-02-28_00-19-09.png

firefox_2018-02-28_00-18-42.png

I hope my explanation makes sense. Additionally, I have a question, are there plans to make the end result of the submitted form formatted? Would be really useful to make it all look prettier, add headers, split up content into sections, etc.
Thanks for the detailed report. That is always very useful when tracking down a bug.

This is corrected in the next release.

There are not currently any plans to allow formatting beyond what is already available in the questions.

Last edited:
When users do not meet the criteria, they're just redirected to an error page (the classical Oops! We ran into some problems.). Why don't you instead let us provide a custom message to users?

In my particular situation, I set that people must have an avatar set in order to use the forum, and I think it would be more beneficial to let users know why they can't use the form, rather than returning a generic error, so either a custom message admins can set, or a list of the criteria users are not meeting would be good enough for them to understand the reason and eventually do all they can to meet the criteria (in my example, they could've just set an avatar to finally use the form, rather than getting a generic error which gives them no info about the reason of it).

Thanks.
Because criteria checking is done by XenForo itself. And when it checks the criteria it returns a "TRUE" or "FALSE". It does not return what portion of the criteria failed. So a more detailed error can't be displayed.

Top Bottom