[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I found it. Edit phrase: nav.snog_forms_nav is the one you got to edit ^^
That changes it in the admin area, not on the public navigation tab. snog_forms_forms is the one that changes it on the public navigation tab.

That changes it in the admin area, not on the public navigation tab. snog_forms_forms is the one that changes it on the public navigation tab.

I tried that and it did not effect the public navigation but if I edited phrase nav.snog_forms_nav it worked just fine.

Last edited:
Can this be used to 1) apply form data to custom user profile fields or 2) promote user group based upon form item selection?

Can this be used to 1) apply form data to custom user profile fields or 2) promote user group based upon form item selection?
Sorry, this doesn't interface with the profile system at all.

And it can't be used to promote based on item selection. It can only be used to promote to specific user groups for the whole form.

@Snog How can using navigation type is Basic? because I need use Extra attributes.
You can't (or more accurately shouldn't change it). The callback controls if the tab can be displayed or not, sets the title for the tab to the snog_forms_forms phrase value and provides the link to be used by the tab.

Exactly what is it that you want to do?

If for some unknown reason you really must change it to basic, these settings should be used:
Link: {{ link('form') }}
Display condition: $xf.visitor.hasPermission('snogForms','canViewForms')

Note that the phrase 'snog_forms_forms' will no longer be used for the tab text. The navigation title shown in the admin area will be used. And if any updates to the code for the navigation tab take place, they won't be applied because of your changes.

Last edited:
@Snog slight recommendation, I prefer the XF1 version of guest submitting where it'd submit like an actual guest. I really don't like how it defaults to the super admin, it's spamming that account with alerts. I could be crazy but the XF1 handled it by just posting as a guest account correct?

@Snog slight recommendation, I prefer the XF1 version of guest submitting where it'd submit like an actual guest. I really don't like how it defaults to the super admin, it's spamming that account with alerts. I could be crazy but the XF1 handled it by just posting as a guest account correct?
The XF1 version never used the guest account. If an unregistered user filled out a form, it defaulted to user ID 1 which was almost always a super admin.
user1.webp

However, there are some sites that completely deleted user ID 1 which caused problems on some sites and it was changed to the first available super admin in XF2.
firstsuper.webp

If that isn't acceptable for both XF1 and XF2, I've always recommended using the same "bot user" to post threads that is used to send PCs.

That is all to allow posting of the thread in forums the user may not have permission to view or post in.

Hey,

I've got this add-on but I am still a bit confused.
Basically what I want to do is if someone wants to create a thread in a specific forum section it will open a format in which they have to answer all questions. Once all questions are answered they can post the thread that shows the format questions and the answers.

Seeing the settings of Advanced Forms it looks like I can only ask like one question. Or am I wrong?

Hey,

I've got this add-on but I am still a bit confused.
Basically what I want to do is if someone wants to create a thread in a specific forum section it will open a format in which they have to answer all questions. Once all questions are answered they can post the thread that shows the format questions and the answers.

Seeing the settings of Advanced Forms it looks like I can only ask like one question. Or am I wrong?
First, set up your form information in Admin->Advanced forms->Forms

Make sure you have these items set in the Report type/Thread report options (obviously select your forum and change the phrase to what you want):
step1.webp
step2.webp

Save the "Form" and click on Questions for the form:
step3.webp

Then add as many questions as you like by clicking Add new question:
step4.webp

Reactions: jul
Thank you very much! I understand the concept now, I was just a bit confused. It works like a charm.

5/5 add-on.

Hey @Snog just bought this to create custom forms for new threads to a forum. Looks good so far but I'm failing to find how I can pass a text field as the thread field in a Thread type form? Is this supported? Meaning I'd like the user to specify the thread title as opposed to it defaulting.

EDIT: Nevermind, think I found it, it's {A#} in the form property I assume..

Top Bottom