[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Another feature I recommend is the ability to have content appear before and/or after the form questions. I would like to add stuff like images to liven the threads up.
This already exists under the Misc options tab for each form.

If you mean in the post itself, I didn't have any plans to add something like that.

An example of a good reason might help me understand the logic behind not being in alphabetic order. ;)
I can deliver a good reason, but my question was if this is the thing we are talking about. That is why I linked to the page to show. So is that linked page the place what is alphabetically sorted and would be great to have sort options?

I can deliver a good reason, but my question was if this is the thing we are talking about. That is why I linked to the page to show. So is that linked page the place what is alphabetically sorted and would be great to have sort options?
Yes, that is the place he's talking about.

Alright, so I also like the idea of having a sort option, had it since I used the addon. But thinking it would be a pretty much low priority I never asked.
Anyway, here are the reasons.

1. Alphabetically sorted is great... for English. I doubt your system is able to alphabetically sort for other languages.

2. Consider you have a multi-lingual forum and 99% of your userbase is non-English. Now since we only have 1 "forms" page, we have to place in it both the English and Non-English forms on the same page. So you call one type "English" and the other one "Japanese" as example. But since 99% of your visitors are Japanese, you want the Japanese forms at the top because that is the first thing they see and will use. But "J" comes after "E", so everyone sees the English forms first. And to make it worse, many of those people don't speak English, so they are confused seeing something in a foreign language first on a prominent page like that.

3. Besides foreign languages. You may want to prioritize your most used forms first, so list them first instead of less used forms. See it like that: are your nodes in alphabetical order or in the order you want them to be? Does that confuse users because the nodes are not in alphabetical order? No, they get used to it and you train them like that the first nodes are more used/important than the last ones. This is applied for both category nodes and forum nodes. So why would it be confusing to have a non-alphabetical forms page?

Thanks and again, nothing important but since the occasion come up, wanted to say a few words.

Since I don't have any other languages installed and I don't know what the proper ascending values would be for one, I can't answer if they would appear correctly or not.

But if you assign all nodes with the same display order in XF, they automatically show in alphabetic order (in English). At least that's what I've seen.

Reactions: sbj
I can answer that question, they don't appear correctly. I believe it is based on utf8 and that is not great handling it.

You can, and so far it works great for me. It gives you options to promote immediately, or to initiate a poll for voting to decide if they get promoted. You can set the primary user group, or add any secondary user groups, from your entire list of available groups. (If you want to do the poll option, just make sure the application is posted to a place where only the people you want to vote have the permission to cast votes)
Hi @Snog
Is there any option to add a user to a user group depending on the answer?
I mean, user arrives to a 3 Single selection radio button.
if answer is A, user is added to group1
if answer is B, user is added to group2
if answer is C, user is added to group3

The only alternative I foud is trying to add 3 simple forms in the same page, each with a different "Add to selected groups" option each.
Hope I explained myself correctly.
Thanks for your reply!

Hi @Snog
Is there any option to add a user to a user group depending on the answer?
I mean, user arrives to a 3 Single selection radio button.
if answer is A, user is added to group1
if answer is B, user is added to group2
if answer is C, user is added to group3

The only alternative I foud is trying to add 3 simple forms in the same page, each with a different "Add to selected groups" option each.
Hope I explained myself correctly.
Thanks for your reply!
You did fine describing what you're asking. ;)

There is no option to promote based on an answer to a question. Only the overall submission of a form.

1. Alphabetically sorted is great... for English. I doubt your system is able to alphabetically sort for other languages.

2. Consider you have a multi-lingual forum and 99% of your userbase is non-English. Now since we only have 1 "forms" page, we have to place in it both the English and Non-English forms on the same page. So you call one type "English" and the other one "Japanese" as example. But since 99% of your visitors are Japanese, you want the Japanese forms at the top because that is the first thing they see and will use. But "J" comes after "E", so everyone sees the English forms first. And to make it worse, many of those people don't speak English, so they are confused seeing something in a foreign language first on a prominent page like that.
I can answer that question, they don't appear correctly. I believe it is based on utf8 and that is not great handling it.
Since I think in English and wasn't quite sure how ascending sorts would work with other languages, a logical reason was all I needed.

Ordering Types and Forms will be in the next release.

order.webp

Last edited:
Since I think in English and wasn't quite sure how ascending sorts would work with other languages, a logical reason was all I needed.

Thanks man, you are the best. Again, it wasn't anything huge or important, but it is a nice touch to have.

View attachment 203533
Have you also considered adding the possibility to have content appear before and after the form questions?

I guess it doesn't make sense to have from a business standpoint but from a gaming pov this would be an incredible feature to have.

Have you also considered adding the possibility to have content appear before and after the form questions?

I guess it doesn't make sense to have from a business standpoint but from a gaming pov this would be an incredible feature to have.
It was considered a long time ago and put on the wish list for the add-on. Being on the wish list does not guaranteed if or when something will be added.

EDIT: You can already display things before and after the questions on the form itself. It's only the posted thread where that can not be done.

Would it be possible to make an Alert report? So that when filling the form, an alert would be sent to designed users?

Alternatively, would it be possible for Email or PC reports to set the recipients as the ones you'd specify while compiling the form?

I'm trying to set up a notification system with different recipients every time, which would be automatically generated depending on an array of users which changes every time.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Would it be possible to make an Alert report? So that when filling the form, an alert would be sent to designated users?

Alternatively, would it be possible for Email or PC reports to set the recipients as the ones you'd specify while compiling the form?

I'm trying to set up a notification system with different recipients every time, which would be automatically generated depending on an array of users which changes every time.

Thank you!
At this point, it's not possible. But it's something that I might consider and put on the wish list. But I would need to have an idea of how the recipients would be established. The most logical way would be for the user to select the recipients. Anything beyond that it isn't something I would consider.

In other words if you mean something like this:
User selects the color "Green" and a group of people get notified
User selects the color "Yellow" and a different group of people get notified

I wouldn't consider that at all.

For now, it could be done by creating a separate form for each group of people you want to get an alert and have them posted into a forum where those people are watching the forum for new threads. Granted it might mean more forms and more forums, but it is at least a solution for what you want to do.

I was thinking about something like:

User can type a comma separated list of users which would be notified in this form, and I'll think about all the rest (auto-filling that field with a pre-defined list of users which will come from the page the user will come from).

Thank you for the fast reply :)

A more detailed explanation:

I plan to let thread starters notify some users which interacted with them in that thread, so I'm planning to let them click a button which would redirect them to a form where they can type the content they want to send as notification/pm/email and a list of recipients which I will automatically fill via jQuery.

User can type a comma separated list of users which would be notified in this form
I wouldn't consider this for the simple reason you're opening a spam door where users could send emails to users that don't want or shouldn't get the email. In general, there's too many negative aspects to allowing this.

A more detailed explanation:

I plan to let thread starters notify some users which interacted with them in that thread, so I'm planning to let them click a button which would redirect them to a form where they can type the content they want to send as notification/pm/email and a list of recipients which I will automatically fill via jQuery.
That's not something I would support or even consider. That goes much too far out of the intended scope of the forms add-on.

Well, users able to do so would be users in a privileged group of trusted users, but I understand your point, altough nothing would stop them (if they were interested in spamming) from doing so already by manually starting a private conversation with multiple recipients.

Top Bottom