Advanced Application Forms for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Snog

Snog submitted a new resource:

Advanced Application Forms - Unlimited application forms and types.

advappbox-png.106415

This is a port of my Advanced Application Forms system to XenForo. It includes both paid add-ons to the application system that are not included in other versions (Instant Promote and Poll & Promote). Therefore it is a premium mod.

Features
  • Unlimited Application Types*
  • Unlimited Application Forms*
  • Unlimited Questions*
  • Different Application Forms for each Application Type
  • Different Questions...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Can I use this to let advertisers to submit a form, pay an amount (set as one of the XF user upgrade), which will create a thread in a specific forum?

It would be a way for guests to make a job listing and pay for it without being a member. If they are already a member, the post author will be their username. If not, we can assign an existing account as author of the post.

The forms can be posted in a new thread in any forum you like, but there is nothing built in to the Application System to require payment of any type.

You could have someone pay, promote them to a different usergroup, then only allow that usergroup to fill out a form.

Or, have them fill out a form then pay using whatever system you want. Just be aware that the post will happen immediately after filling out the form. You should set the new thread to be moderated in the Application System so nobody can view it until payment is received, then approve it after payment.

The forms can be posted in a new thread in any forum you like, but there is nothing built in to the Application System to require payment of any type.

You could have someone pay, promote them to a different usergroup, then only allow that usergroup to fill out a form.

Or, have them fill out a form then pay using whatever system you want. Just be aware that the post will happen immediately after filling out the form. You should set the new thread to be moderated in the Application System so nobody can view it until payment is received, then approve it after payment.
That could work. I'll let them post, and the new one moderated until payment received.
Can this form be submitted by guests?
Can after submitting, each form can redirect to a specific url such as payment form?

That could work. I'll let them post, and the new one moderated until payment received.
Can this form be submitted by guests?
Can after submitting, each form can redirect to a specific url such as payment form?
Yes if you give unregistered members permission when setting up the form.

And Yes, you can redirect to any url after the form is submitted. :D

If form is submitted by guest, who will be shown as author? Can this be set for each form?
If a guest posts, the system falls back and uses the site admin as the person that posted.

You can override this by supplying a valid user ID for the poster of the thread in the form settings. And this can be done for each form. It's not a universal setting.

I have a form set up on my site for unregistered users. And it will be posted by the 'Application System'. You just need to set up a new user calling it whatever you like.

And on my site, all other forms (that are only visible to registered members) will be posted by the member that fills out the form.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback so far. It's been helpful.

1) Can we embed the form on a post/page?
2) Can we export the data for each form to XML/CVS/etc format?

The form is a XenForo page, so I would imagine you could embed it in an IFrame. But I've never tried it so I can't guarantee it.

No. After the form is filled out, it's posted, PMd or Emailed. The data from the form is not saved anywhere in the database as separate information.

It would be nice to have a field input where we can write out own blurb / information onto the form page. Just like headings, except paragraphs we can add into the forms at any point chosen.

It would be nice to have a field input where we can write out own blurb / information onto the form page. Just like headings, except paragraphs we can add into the forms at any point chosen.
A very long time ago I had an option that could be used like that. It was intended to be used as an explanation about, or instructions for the form. It displayed at the top of the form. Just about everyone left that field blank so I eliminated the option.

Is that what you're looking for? Or would you want it to be positionable like the questions?

For anyone else that might want to do that, you would change the advappsubhead in the advapp.css template to this..

Code:
.advappsubhead {
    @property "advappsubhead";
    font-size: 1.1em;
    font-weight:bold;
    height:20px;
    color: @secondaryDarker;
    background: @secondaryLighter url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png') repeat-x top;
    padding-left: 5px;
    margin-bottom: 10px;
    border-top: 1px solid @secondaryLighter;
    border-bottom: 1px solid @secondaryLight;
    @property "/advappsubhead";

}

Or would you want it to be positionable like the questions?
Positionable would be nicer than a dedicated header position IMO. Like any form field then, it can be used in any position as required by the admin.

Because this can be used with usergroup promotion, this allows this to act like a rules requirement for specific sections, i.e. you have to read these additional rules to access this area, which they check the form field checkbox accepting the rules for x area.

This is what I love about this addon, in that it has such diverse application... and would be that much better with the ability to enter admin text at any location by adding it just like a header, then entering their blurb to show using BBCode.

Positionable would be nicer than a dedicated header position IMO. Like any form field then, it can be used in any position as required by the admin.

Because this can be used with usergroup promotion, this allows this to act like a rules requirement for specific sections, i.e. you have to read these additional rules to access this area, which they check the form field checkbox accepting the rules for x area.

This is what I love about this addon, in that it has such diverse application... and would be that much better with the ability to enter admin text at any location by adding it just like a header, then entering their blurb to show using BBCode.
I see what you're looking for. What I'm thinking of would be easier to show than explain...

Go to my XenForo site (http://snogssite.com/forum/index.php) and register there. Take a look at the raffle. Mainly it's rules. Obviously the layout would be different to fit in with the application style, but in general that's what I'm thinking of.

Are you talking about the scroll text field?

Yes, that is the concept of some of what I would like to use it for. Not a fan of the rules in a scroll box though. I think it just needs to be put into a div inside the form, each div being given a unique id so that they can be styled via extra.css if needed.

I think the important point is that an option exists to output a block of text for use at any point, multiple points, in a form.

OK, it was just an idea. Let me see what I can come up with.

I won't look at it until Monday or Tuesday here. Normally, Sundays are my day off. ;)

This is a nice mod and can be used for so many different systems on your forum.

1) Would supporting payment (via user upgrade) when creating a form possible at some point in the future?

Top Bottom