Advanced Application Forms for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

I applied to one your applications, the test no poll one. And it when I pressed submit, I got an error saying please enter the names of any staff members you know and I am 100% certain I clicked no on that question.

I applied to one your applications, the test no poll one. And it when I pressed submit, I got an error saying please enter the names of any staff members you know and I am 100% certain I clicked no on that question.
Did you see this under the box where you enter the names?...

"If you answered No to the question above, please enter 'NONE'." ;)

Hi,
I've purchased this addon and i've two questions :

Could easily customize the post creation (layout)? (If possible, per application)
Can we promote a member whose nickname is in the field of a question?

Thanks for your help, and sorry for my english.

Hi,
I've purchased this addon and i've two questions :

Could easily customize the post creation (layout)? (If possible, per application)
Can we promote a member whose nickname is in the field of a question?

Thanks for your help, and sorry for my english.
Sorry, no. The post itself can't be customized.

However you can use BBCode in the questions to do some changes if you like. And the answer color can be set in the main Application Form options screen.

And only the member that fills out the application can be promoted by the application system.

Last edited:
Great plugin, just two small suggestions:

Could you add a CSS class on the form itself, sort of like nodes do it:

node1.webp

somewhere like here:

form1.webp

Giving it an extra selector it would give us the ability to customize each form a bit more if we'd like.

Also any thoughts on allowing uploads? Default XF upload would be awesome on a per form basis.

When I ported this to XF, I couldn't find what I considered a good way to upload files within the form itself. If I did, that ability would have been included. I'll look into uploads again sometime soon.

I will look into your CSS request also. In the meantime, you can modify the css if you like.

When I ported this to XF, I couldn't find what I considered a good way to upload files within the form itself. If I did, that ability would have been included. I'll look into uploads again sometime soon.

I will look into your CSS request also. In the meantime, you can modify the css if you like.

I'm aware I can modify the CSS, however the end result is what I'd like to achieve...

contact1.webp

Different icons next to each title bar PER form.

so... something like

.advapp_form .form_1 .titleBar

.advapp_form .form_2 .titleBar

ect...

It's not a big deal, but having those extra selectors on the forum nodes help a ton, so I figured this could have it too.

Also I'm not an SEO person by any means but even with friendly URL enabled should the URL still be:

index.php?applicationform/&posid=2

The application forms aren't intended to be SEO friendly. They provide no information that a search engine should pick up. As a matter of fact, I'll be putting noindex in the header in the next release. It's something I missed.

Hey Snog,

Weird request, is there a way I can link my tab directly to a specific form? I don't need a drop down nor do I want the link going to a page listing the forums(I only am using one form currently).

I basically want the selected tab feature but I want the link to go straight to the form rather than having to click two or three times.

Hope that made sense :D

Hey Snog,

Weird request, is there a way I can link my tab directly to a specific form? I don't need a drop down nor do I want the link going to a page listing the forums(I only am using one form currently).

I basically want the selected tab feature but I want the link to go straight to the form rather than having to click two or three times.

Hope that made sense :D
You need to edit the /library/Snog/Applications/Listener/NabTab.php file.

Locate this code (it's at the very bottom of the code)..
PHP:
if($values)
{
    $extraTabs['applications'] = array(
        'title'        => 'Application Forms',
        'href'        => XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('applicationform/types'),
        'position'    => 'middle',
        'values'    => $values,
        'linksTemplate'    => 'advapp_navlinks'
    );
}

And replace it with this code...
PHP:
    'title'        => 'What_you_want_the_tab_to_be_called',
    'href'        => 'index.php?applicationform/&posid=XXX',
    'position'    => 'middle'
);

Replace the title with what you want the tab to be called and the XXX with the application ID number.

You need to edit the /library/Snog/Applications/Listener/NabTab.php file.

Locate this code (it's at the very bottom of the code)..
PHP:
if($values)
{
        'title'        => 'Application Forms',
        'href'        => XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('applicationform/types'),
        'position'    => 'middle',
        'values'    => $values,
        'linksTemplate'    => 'advapp_navlinks'
    );
}

And replace it with this code...
PHP:
    'title'        => 'What_you_want_the_tab_to_be_called',
    'href'        => 'index.php?applicationform/&posid=XXX',
    'position'    => 'middle'
);

Replace the title with what you want the tab to be called and the XXX with the application ID number.

Sweet appreciate it, we have it running on:

http://pixelexit.com/index.php?applicationform/&posid=2

Have to say this plugin you have here is just great, really powerful. I love the admin side of it too :), question re-arranging//insert default questions, and everything else. Thanks

Well can't seem to be allowed to buy it
since my account isn't getting accepted on your forum
Your account under the same name you use here is active.

You tried to register a second time as 'Shadowstalker' which is what was rejected. Multiple registrations are not allowed.

Last edited:
I've issued an update today that adds the 'File Upload' question type.

Those who have purchased this add-on, please check your PayPal email for the download link.

Top Bottom