Advanced Application Forms for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Hello,

I've been searching the forums on how to give other admins permissions to make forms. Can't seem to find it, could anyone please help me out?

Thanks!

Hello,

I've been searching the forums on how to give other admins permissions to make forms. Can't seem to find it, could anyone please help me out?

Thanks!
AdminCP->Users->Administrators, check the 'Administer Application Forms' box when editing the admin.

It would be awesome if we could combine text and tags in Default Answer.

Also a hint option would be so useful. So that we write a hint for a field, and when the user click on the field to fill it, the hint be hidden. (placeholder)

Regards

It would be awesome if we could combine text and tags in Default Answer.

Also a hint option would be so useful. So that we write a hint for a field, and when the user click on the field to fill it, the hint be hidden. (placeholder)

Regards
The 'hint' is, or should be the question description below the answer field.

What type of tags are you talking about?

What type of tags are you talking about?
2016-02-17_22-55-40.webp
The 'hint' is, or should be the question description below the answer field.
I know we can write hint in description (although it is limited to 200 chars)
But being able to write some placeholders in fields (like single line text field) that will be hidden on clicking would be something useful.

Hi There

I was wondering whether this addon will work for my purposes, I want to create a thread where users must post via a form and have the post output as a report card format.

Would this addon be able to do that?

Hi There

I was wondering whether this addon will work for my purposes, I want to create a thread where users must post via a form and have the post output as a report card format.

Would this addon be able to do that?
You can have it where threads in a forum are created by the application form or posted to a single thread. But, posting in report card format isn't possible. See the screenshots in the add-on description for a general idea of how the threads are posted.

I will have to say this will really make things great for me. My only issue is how can I (once someone has been approved) set them to Multiple user groups? I really need to be able to set them to multiple user groups and not just one. Is this even possible? If not I will have to try and make it work another way but this would be an amazing feature if we could. Also what is up with the date selector? Can we not chose the year or month quickly? I have to click though the months and years one at a time unless I'm missing something?

Other than that loving it so far this is great can't wait to really get in and play with this.

I will have to say this will really make things great for me. My only issue is how can I (once someone has been approved) set them to Multiple user groups? I really need to be able to set them to multiple user groups and not just one. Is this even possible? If not I will have to try and make it work another way but this would be an amazing feature if we could. Also what is up with the date selector? Can we not chose the year or month quickly? I have to click though the months and years one at a time unless I'm missing something?

Other than that loving it so far this is great can't wait to really get in and play with this.
Multiple user groups aren't possible at this time. However, it is on the wish list for the application system.

The date selector is behaving the way it should. That is the normal behavior of a date field. To compare it to something native to XF, look at the search form. If it were a different javascript, the behavior might be different.

Last edited:
Multiple user groups aren't possible at this time. However, it is on the wish list for the application system.

The date selector is behaving the way it should. That is the normal behavior of a date field. To compare it to something native to XF, look at the search form. If it were javascript, the behavior might be different.
Great to know multiple groups on are the list. I will have to re-work my entire system and system integration for this but it can do for now. Also when using the Date field, is it possible to unlock that area so you are able to type in a date? It will only let me select a date instead of being able to type or choose to use the calendar?

Also when using the Date field, is it possible to unlock that area so you are able to type in a date?
Sorry, no it's not.

Your only other option would be to use a single line text field and a regular expression to validate that what is entered is a date.

This expression should work for a mm/dd/yyyy date entry...
Code:
^(0[1-9]|1[012])[- /.](0[1-9]|[12][0-9]|3[01])[- /.](19|20)[0-9][0-9]$

Alter it as you see fit. Be sure to put a validation error in for the question if you decide to use the regex.

Last edited:
Sorry, no it's not.

Your only other option would be to use a single line text field and a regular expression to validate that what is entered is a date.

This expression should work for a mm/dd/yyyy date entry...
Code:
^(0[1-9]|1[012])[- /.](0[1-9]|[12][0-9]|3[01])[- /.](19|20)[0-9][0-9]$

Alter it as you see fit. Be sure to put a validation error in for the question if you decide to use the regex.
Thanks that worked like a charm, I will just stick with this! :)

Top Bottom