Advanced Application Forms for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Use a Single Line Text Regular Expression in one question to validate for a date.

To keep with readability, i want the month to be selected from a dropdown (as some still make spelling mistakes with some of the months).

So make the date a numeric date to start with as in: 03/09/2015

Then no conversion is needed between a text month and a numeric month.

Last edited:
Ah wait. I totally misunderstood what you wanted...

For the 'DAY' question, set 'Question Position in Report Post/PC' to 'Same line as previous question with tab' and 'Answer Position in Report Post/PC' to 'Below to Question'.

Then in will show as:
Code:
Month             Day
March             8

Or, if you want an actual date you'll need to do what I said above.

Yes i mean actual date, but using the x/x/xxxx isn't very readable. So the full month and day on a single line. The problem is, it displays on one line a little oddly:

test.webp

What would really help though, if you could add a new field type that displays a calendar in an overlay, and you click the day you want. See screenshot below what i mean:

calendar.webp

Yeah, I think would be nice handle dates with something like this:
1.gif
Looking forward to purchase this great addon soon.

Snog updated Advanced Application Forms with a new update entry:

Advanced Application Forms Update 1.2.3

An update to advanced application forms has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.

Changes in version 1.2.3:
  • Fix some question types not available when editing default questions
  • Add error trap for when post or pc user ID is invalid
  • Add some basic field tags for single line text answers
  • Add date picker question type

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello,

Three questions begore buying:

Can you upload pictures through the form?
Can you translate everything?
Are updates for life?

The date picker isn't displaying in my form.
Sorry, but I need to ask...

Did you upload all of the files to your server?
Did you import the XML as an update to the add-on?
Did you try it using the default XF style?

If you've edited the advapp_form template, revert it so it has it's new options.

Can it process payements?
Not directly, but you can have the form send the person that fills it out to a URL after filling out the form. I've never tested it, but you might be able to send them to a payment processor or payment page.

Last edited:
Hello Snog.
The demo in Snogsite is running the version 1.2.3 of the addon?
--
Edit, yes, I found the new feature. great!

@Snog we had created a couple forms and never checked the Parse URL option which we have enabled now. Is there query I could run or something to parse urls in old applications/threads?

@Snog we had created a couple forms and never checked the Parse URL option which we have enabled now. Is there query I could run or something to parse urls in old applications/threads?
Not that I know of.

I believe a utility would need to be written that reads the first post in each thread, applies the XenForo autoLinkBbCode function and then writes it back into the database.

If there aren't a lot of threads, I think simply manually editing the first post would work too. But I haven't tried it.

I'm using XF's route filters to rewrite the long form path to a shorter one. It works fine, except my form sometimes displays errors:

Code:
ErrorException
Undefined index: replace_route
library/XenForo/Route/Filter.php
#0 /*********/xenforo/library/XenForo/Route/Filter.php(37): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/******...', 37, Array)#1 /******/xenforo/library/XenForo/Router.php(72): XenForo_Route_Filter->match('server-admin-ap...', Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(XenForo_Router))#2 /********/xenforo/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php(107): XenForo_Router->match(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), NULL)#3 /****/xenforo/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(285): XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->route(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), NULL)#4 /*****/xenforo/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(130): XenForo_FrontController->route()#5 /****/xenforo/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()#6 {main}

Code:
ErrorException
Undefined index: find_route
library/XenForo/Route/Filter.php
#0 /*********
/xenforo/library/XenForo/Route/Filter.php(37): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/sites/vhosts/m...', 37, Array)#1 /*********
/xenforo/library/XenForo/Router.php(72): XenForo_Route_Filter->match('server-admin-ap...', Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(XenForo_Router))#2 /*********
/xenforo/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php(107): XenForo_Router->match(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), NULL)#3 /*********
/xenforo/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(285): XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->route(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), NULL)#4 /*********
/xenforo/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(130): XenForo_FrontController->route()#5 /*********
/xenforo/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()#6 {main}

Any idea what's happening?

Here it is:

Find Route: applicationform/server-admin-app.3/form
Replace With: server-admin-app/
Incoming URL conversion only: Unchecked

I have other route filters that are used far more often and they never display these errors. They don't use the same limitations though (this one has a 5 post limit before it can be used)

Top Bottom