<a href="{xen:link 'forums/create-thread', $forum}" class="callToAction">

Replace with something like:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$forum.node_id} == 2">
<a href="linktoappform" class="callToAction">
<xen:else />
</xen:if>

Replace 2 with the node you want the form to function on.
Exactly, except you would have to do it twice. Once for the top link and once for the bottom link.

Just to clarify this as well:

forum_view:

Find:
Code:

Replace with something like:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$forum.node_id} == 2">
<a href="linktoappform" class="callToAction">
<xen:else />
</xen:if>

Replace 2 with the node you want the form to function on.

Thank you! Few more questions please:

1) How do I know the linktoappform address for the form I created?

2) How do I make the form output as a thread in that node?

3) Is there any way I can make the answers to certain questions become the thread title?

Thank you! Few more questions please:

1) How do I know the linktoappform address for the form I created?

2) How do I make the form output as a thread in that node?

3) Is there any way I can make the answers to certain questions become the thread title?
1) The easiest way is to turn on the 'Show Application Types in Navtabs' in the add-on options and the 'Show in NavTab' option in the Application type. Then copy the link for the application you want to use in the button.

2) Enter the 'Report Options' when editing or creating the application form.

3) Select {2} for the Report Subject. (NOTE: Only the first text answer can be used as the thread title)

I really shouldn't answer questions until after I've had my first cup of coffee. ;)

There is an another way to create the link for the application...

When editing the application form, look at the link in your browser address bar. You should see something like this at the end of the link...
Code:
positions/9/edit

Make note of the number there. In this case it is 9.

With that info, a usable link to the application form would be...
Code:
http://yoursite.com/applicationform/9/form

OR if you aren't using friendly URLs

http://yoursite.com/index.php?applicationform/9/form

So for some reason when people put in applications we get errors on the site

Code:
rrorException: Argument 1 passed to Snog_Applications_Helper_DataWriter::createConversation() must be of the type array, boolean given, called in /home/leadmin/public_html/library/Snog/Applications/ControllerPublic/Application.php on line 467 and defined - library/Snog/Applications/Helper/DataWriter.php:82
Generated By: Syndrogo, 12 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/leadmin/public_html/library/Snog/Applications/Helper/DataWriter.php(82): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/home/leadmin/p...', 82, Array)
#1 /home/leadmin/public_html/library/Snog/Applications/ControllerPublic/Application.php(467): Snog_Applications_Helper_DataWriter::createConversation(false, Array, '[Server Admin] ...', 'Thank you Syndr...', '')
#2 /home/leadmin/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Snog_Applications_ControllerPublic_Application->actionSubmit()
#3 /home/leadmin/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/leadmin/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(47) "http://lethalenemies.com/applicationform/submit"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(30) {
    ["question1"] => string(4) "TEST"
    ["question2"] => string(1) "3"
    ["question3"] => string(6) "asdasd"
    ["question4"] => array(3) {
      [0] => string(1) "3"
      [1] => string(1) "6"
      [2] => string(1) "7"
    }
    ["question5"] => array(3) {
      [0] => string(1) "0"
      [1] => string(1) "2"
      [2] => string(1) "6"
    }
    ["question6"] => array(1) {
      [0] => string(1) "8"
    }
    ["question7"] => array(2) {
      [0] => string(1) "2"
      [1] => string(1) "6"
    }
    ["question8"] => string(5) "sdasd"
    ["question9"] => string(6) "asdasd"
    ["question10"] => string(6) "sadasd"
    ["question11"] => string(6) "sadasd"
    ["question12"] => string(6) "asdasd"
    ["question13"] => string(6) "asdasd"
    ["question14"] => string(6) "asdasd"
    ["question15"] => string(7) "asdasda"
    ["question16"] => string(6) "asdasd"
    ["question17"] => string(1) "0"
    ["question18"] => string(1) "1"
    ["question19"] => string(3) "Yes"
    ["question20"] => string(6) "asdasd"
    ["question21"] => string(6) "asdasd"
    ["question22"] => string(6) "asdasd"
    ["question23"] => string(5) "qweqw"
    ["question24"] => string(6) "asdads"
    ["question25"] => string(1) "0"
    ["posid"] => string(1) "2"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(36) "/applicationform/server-admin.2/form"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Any ideas?

Im using id 2 which is mine...
I'm not able to duplicate the problem. The only time I've seen that error come up is when there isn't a valid user Id in that field for the report options.

But there is a problem with using your own user ID and you filling out the application. You can't send yourself a PC. But, you should be getting an error something like 'Please enter at least one valid recipient' when you submit the application that YOU filled out.

Could you post a screenshot of your settings for the application form so I can try to duplicate the problem?

Last edited:
I'm not able to duplicate the problem. The only time I've seen that error come up is when there isn't a valid user Id in that field for the report options.

But there is a problem with using your own user ID and you filling out the application. You can't send yourself a PC. But, you should be getting an error something like 'Please enter at least one valid recipient' when you submit the application that YOU filled out.

Could you post a screenshot of your settings for the application form so I can try to duplicate the problem?
Screenshot_1.webp

I don't doubt the error is happening, but I'm unable to duplicate it. The only way I can duplicate it is by putting and invalid user ID in the PM sender for report options.

Could you please post a screenshot of your settings for the application form so I can try to duplicate the problem.

@Snog, can you add to the wishlist the following:

Tie in your Advanced Application Forms functionality with Social Groups. By this i mean we can create forms with a new poll type where when you vote yes, the user is automatically put in your social group and the created form application thread is then automatically deleted (with option for soft or hard delete).
This should be a high priority item as it can increase sales of both of your addons. (y)

I don't doubt the error is happening, but I'm unable to duplicate it. The only way I can duplicate it is by putting and invalid user ID in the PM sender for report options.

Could you please post a screenshot of your settings for the application form so I can try to duplicate the problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.webp
    Screenshot_4.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 7
Error trying to uninstall:

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: unlink(library/Snog/Applications/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php): Permission denied - library/Snog/Applications/UnInstall.php:52
Generated By: Amin Sabet, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'unlink(library/...', '/home/asabet/pu...', 52, Array)
#1 /home/asabet/public_html/mu-43.com/library/Snog/Applications/UnInstall.php(52): unlink('library/Snog/Ap...')
#2 /home/asabet/public_html/mu-43.com/library/Snog/Applications/UnInstall.php(50): Snog_Applications_UnInstall::deldir('library/Snog/Ap...')
#3 /home/asabet/public_html/mu-43.com/library/Snog/Applications/UnInstall.php(50): Snog_Applications_UnInstall::deldir('library/Snog/Ap...')
#4 /home/asabet/public_html/mu-43.com/library/Snog/Applications/UnInstall.php(27): Snog_Applications_UnInstall::deldir('library/Snog/Ap...')
#5 [internal function]: Snog_Applications_UnInstall::uninstall(Array)
#6 /home/asabet/public_html/mu-43.com/library/XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php(200): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#7 /home/asabet/public_html/mu-43.com/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1779): XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete()
#8 /home/asabet/public_html/mu-43.com/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(122): XenForo_DataWriter->delete()
#9 /home/asabet/public_html/mu-43.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete()
#10 /home/asabet/public_html/mu-43.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#11 /home/asabet/public_html/mu-43.com/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#12 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(63) "http://www.mu-43.com/admin.php?add-ons/Snog_Applications/delete"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["add-ons/Snog_Applications/delete"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(2) {
["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

Error trying to uninstall:
Either download the add-on again and upload all of the files to your server and then uninstall or edit the library/Snog/Applications/UnInstall.php file and remove these two lines..

Code:
 self::deldir('library/Snog/Applications');
 self::deldir('data/application_forms');

Either download the add-on again and upload all of the files to your server and then uninstall or edit the library/Snog/Applications/UnInstall.php file and remove these two lines..

Code:
self::deldir('library/Snog/Applications');
self::deldir('data/application_forms');

Odd, I never deleted any files. Despite those errors, the addon appears to have been uninstalled.

Will leaving things as is cause any problems? Should I reinstall and then uninstall just to make sure?

Odd, I never deleted any files. Despite those errors, the addon appears to have been uninstalled.

Will leaving things as is cause any problems? Should I reinstall and then uninstall just to make sure?
No, you didn't delete anything. The UnInstall routine has always had those two lines until recently. It was an attempt to completely remove the add-on when it's uninstalled. But some servers, like yours, don't allow it. So those two lines were removed from the routine.

I don't recall the order than XF does uninstalls, I would reinstall and uninstall just to be certain everything is gone.

I've got another feature request: The ability to change the display of the outputted form. For example, see below:

example.webp

I would like to be able to replace "Month" with "Date" and put the "8" after "March".

I've got another feature request: The ability to change the display of the outputted form. For example, see below:

I would like to be able to replace "Month" with "Date" and put the "8" after "March".
Use a Single Line Text Regular Expression in one question to validate for a date.

Top Bottom