Adsense crisis

I recently got adsense back and my account reached some sort of threshold. I was supposed to receive a pin via snail mail 2-4 weeks after the 4th of November. Apparently they felt 2 weeks was more than enough time for me to wait for their letter so my account is on hold until I get the pin number now lol!

Those state problems were due to the legislatures in those states, not to Amazon.....IMHO.
But I agree you cannot put all your eggs in one basket. There are lots of other sites which have affiliate programs and adsense is good on many sites.
As I said before, I always did terrible on Amaz - until my new site, which is bring in $10 a day on it and only $3 on adsense.
Hogwash!
The problem is that Amazon refuses to play by the same rules as other companies and seems to think that it should not collect sales taxes on its own sales, even though it collects those same taxes for other vendors that sell through Amazon. It's a unfair advantage that needs to be removed.

Hogwash!
The problem is that Amazon refuses to play by the same rules as other companies and seems to think that it should not collect sales taxes on its own sales, even though it collects those same taxes for other vendors that sell through Amazon. It's a unfair advantage that needs to be removed.
Amazon has recently worked out a deal with Connecticut to start collecting sales tax, I wonder if this is the reason why now I can setup affiliate stuff with them where before I couldn't even view the page to help others with creating embeds.

http://articles.courant.com/2013-08...1_huge-distribution-center-retailers-300-jobs

Actually, I think Amazon is fighting FOR being able to pay state taxes on everything it sells - it just wants the system to be doable. As it stands now, sales taxes can differ by county and even inside a city or even a few block wide enterprise zone. Amazon and some other biggies want it simplified and want the states to have a hand in making it easier (software wise, reporting, etc.) to pay sales taxes.

At least that's what the news stories are reporting...

Actually, I think Amazon is fighting FOR being able to pay state taxes on everything it sells - it just wants the system to be doable. As it stands now, sales taxes can differ by county and even inside a city or even a few block wide enterprise zone. Amazon and some other biggies want it simplified and want the states to have a hand in making it easier (software wise, reporting, etc.) to pay sales taxes.
At least that's what the news stories are reporting...

It's already doable.

Amazon already does it for other vendors that they service.

The just refuse to do it for the themselves as long as they think they can retain an unfair advantage vs. their competition.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of national corporations that routinely collect local sales tax on internet transations. Any technical issues were solved long ago.

Top Bottom