1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Admins Turf

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by ZINC, Apr 5, 2012.

1. ZINC

ZINC New Member

Im still getting used to Xenforo, but it's the best $140 I spent in my life!

http://www.adminsturf.com

This forum may be new, but I've got some plans which I'm hoping to intact this weekend as my school holidays start. I would be intersted in your guys opinions on the forum!

Thank you XF'ers.

2. System0

System0 Active Member

Hey Zinc,
    Best of luck with your new forum. The first thing I noticed was that you are using a theme that links directly to a competing admin forum that is already established. I'm not sure if that is wise :)
    Kevin

ZINC likes this.
  3. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

That's not a bad name, quite catchy. Admins Turf

4. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

Don't mean to sound pedantic but shouldn't there be a ' somewhere? Admin's Turf or Admins' Turf? As in, turf belonging to the admins?

I'll get my coat...

5. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

You can't include the symbol ' in a domain name can you, although he could use that as the name on the forum: Admin's Turf (agreed)

6. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Was looking again and see your forums listed, plus threads have no dividing line between each one. Try adding this to your "EXTRA.css" template and see how things look when hovering your mouse over forum and thread listings.

Very simple to add and remove if you don't like the effect, only requires this added to Extra.css only.

Code:
    .nodeList .nodeInfo:hover, .discussionList .discussionListItem:hover, .discussionListItem:hover .posterAvatar
    {
        background-color: @secondaryLightest;
    }

7. ZINC

ZINC New Member

I can't find any other themes :(

That is very true! Thanks!
    I'll try this out!

Currently having problems with the visual text editor :(

8. woodward82

woodward82 Member

Yes having that link to a competing forum is not good for your site. (I just registered)

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/aurora.130/ I highly recommend this theme, might not be your taste but is of very high quality imo. there are a lot of themes here in the xenforo store a lot for free.

9. ZINC

ZINC New Member

It seems to be used a lot :eek:

10. ZINC

ZINC New Member

I've decided I'm going to use Aurora Green!

11. woodward82

woodward82 Member

Good choice, there are few things there that you can do to make it a little unique since you were concerned that the theme is used a lot.

12. ZINC

ZINC New Member

I just need to get used to how you actually edit them :)