1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AdminForums :D

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by ShadyX, Jun 3, 2011.

1. ShadyX

ShadyX Well-Known Member

Admin Forums is a forum for people who own forums, to discuss managing them, the software they use and how to get them bustling with activity. We started in 2010 using vBulletin and moved to XenForo in Feb 2011 shortly after we hit 10,000 posts. We were experiencing many problems with vBulletin and we were not receiving any useful help from the support team, we were a few days away from moving to IPB when I stumbled on this awesome software. Now, months later XenForo really is a part of our community - we live and breath XenForo.

A big thanks to the team here @ XF.com for creating such an awesome piece of community software.

Check us out at http://www.adminforums.org and tell me what you think :)

2. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I LOVE the theme in general. I even like the flowery status icons and logo - just not on an admin forum. :p
    But if the members like 'em, that's what matters.

thewizard likes this.
  3. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

Just looking at the design and the subject matter, a bit too flowery for me (why do I get a feeling of deja vu with this thread?).

As a hayfever sufferer I keep wanting to sneeze :)

I'd prefer a high tech logo, something to do with the net, or forums, etc. Or maybe a flower but made from circuit boards, or something else to connect it to technology or communication.

However as the saying goes, if it's not broken don't try and fix it - if your members like it, and traffic is good, maybe it's working on a subliminal level.

Also as you quite rightly say you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

Peggy likes this.
  4. Dark Matter

Dark Matter Active Member

I'd change the flower icons, spoils the type of site genre being run. You'll have more *Gardeners* joining than site owners. :D

5. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

Lol Dark Matter, I love this site and am an active member there. I recommend joining it ;)

thewizard likes this.
  6. Pride1760

Pride1760 Member

wow the site looks amazing!

can I know who made that theme for you? it is very nice.

ShadyX likes this.
  7. Ranger375

Ranger375 Well-Known Member

ShadyX likes this.
  8. ShadyX

ShadyX Well-Known Member

I created it :) Thanks for the compliment.

Thanks for pointing that out, fixed :)

Ranger375 likes this.
  9. Pride1760

Pride1760 Member

thats great :)

would you be mad if I tried to make my site look like yours? :eek:

10. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Looking VERY nice.

11. RastaLulz

RastaLulz Well-Known Member

That design is very nice. It could use a few tweaks here and there, but overall it's awesome!

Best of luck to you and your forum. ;)

12. MarcosPreviato

MarcosPreviato Active Member

nice, this theme was created for you?

13. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

Good to see them make the move.

14. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

I love the theme a lot and it seems like a nice community. Congrats.

15. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

very nice theme. nice skin. :)

16. Core Freedom

Core Freedom Well-Known Member

Love the theme. At first I thought I was on a vB site. ;) The only thing I was curious about is why there are two blue bars. I understand that the empty blue bar above the new forum category is the bottom part of the previous category, but it almost feels like a bit of wasted space.

Great forum, great look and feel to it!

17. ShadyX

ShadyX Well-Known Member

Just giving this thread a little love, well since Nov 2011 we have changed a lot. We have our 3rd custom design and have shot past 165,000 posts. We now have a site of the month contest too, forum reviews, interviews with cool people like Mike Creuzer (Audentio Designs), Shawn Hogan (digitalpoint), Kyle Bragger (forrst.com), Matthew Price (CompleteVb) and too many new things to mention :)

Check us out if you have time, join up if you like us.. you never know, you may learn something new and enjoy being a part of our community :)

yavuz, Lisa and Shelley like this.
  18. ChemicalKicks

ChemicalKicks Well-Known Member

Where has the flowery style gone?

19. ShadyX

ShadyX Well-Known Member

It's the Adminforums v2 theme in the style selector :p

20. ChemicalKicks

ChemicalKicks Well-Known Member

Looks good to me, I'm a little disappointed though. I was expecting it to be more flower power if you know what I mean.