AdminForum [Paid] [Deleted]

I do have a small complaint about this skin though.

I see it uses a lot of !important css overrides. This makes it hard to customize without directly editing the skin. This is a big taboo if you ask me.

Also, the footers don't comply with .pageWidth.

I do have a small complaint about this skin though.

I see it uses a lot of !important css overrides. This makes it hard to customize without directly editing the skin. This is a big taboo if you ask me.

I can understand your point. This is my first ever theme and i am still learning.

I am doing updates on this regularly and soon will remove as much !important overrides as possible.

Apart from that, most of the changes are done is Extra.css file so it would not be that difficult to do those changes.

Understandable. Though personally I don't think as a skin designer you should be doing things in Extra.css. Extra.css is reserved for the end user; you should be making your own css files, or editing the build in css files directly.

Looking at it, I probably wont be using this skin because of how hard its looking to customize (one of the reasons I buy skins now is because I have no interest in customizing my own). But either way, this is a pretty fantastic looking skin for your first attempt.

Most skins I see out there are simple minor color edits, and look pretty much exactly the same as the default skin, and still cost $20. So I'm definitely looking forward to your future skins, because this one is already so much more than that.

@Jaxel
Thanks for your feedback. It would be really great if you can post a review.

I will do keep your suggestion in mind while providing updates. Will also try to provide a update without css overrides as soon as possible. :)

I agree,

Amazing first attempt! One thing I noticed in the screenshots and in the demo is the forum category description text, I guess most people don't use them but if they did they wouldn't look too good, apart from that, I am very interested in buying this for a new project once its tidied up as Jaxel advised, well done

I agree,

Amazing first attempt! One thing I noticed in the screenshots and in the demo is the forum category description text, I guess most people don't use them but if they did they wouldn't look too good, apart from that, I am very interested in buying this for a new project once its tidied up as Jaxel advised, well done

I am sure, no one uses category descriptions, but if i do get some requests for it, will see what i can do.

Thanks for the feedback though :)

I agree,

While doing update, i have made the category description to look like this
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0a6p48oee

You can check it on the current demo site. Let me know how does it look like. ;)

Very nice! Is the skin responsible? Or is it planned to be? That would be a big plus, would pay extra for that.

Hi meSingh,

Ive set my max-width to 976px. But the top and bottom headers arent adjusting, i assume they are a different property? Can you advise how I can also shrink these to a max width of 976px? thanks

Example @ http://mmazone.com.au/league/

1 More question I forgot to ask. This style was on a site called AdminForum wasnt it? Please tell me you are the original owner

Hi meSingh,

Ive set my max-width to 976px. But the top and bottom headers arent adjusting, i assume they are a different property? Can you advise how I can also shrink these to a max width of 976px? thanks

Example @ http://mmazone.com.au/league/

1 More question I forgot to ask. This style was on a site called AdminForum wasnt it? Please tell me you are the original owner

Yes, I am the original owner. I just sold the forum a few months back without this theme.

Just add this code in your extra.css file in the very end.

Code:
footer {
    max-width: 976px;
    margin: auto;
}

search for this code
Code:
.header_ad_code {
    margin-top: 20px;
    right: 10px;
    position: absolute;
}

Replace it with this:
Code:
.header_ad_code {
    margin-left: 505px;
}

Very nice! Is the skin responsible? Or is it planned to be? That would be a big plus, would pay extra for that.

Do you mean Responsive?

It is a fluid theme and will work with almost all screen sizes, but not with mobile devices.

Yes, I am the original owner. I just sold the forum a few months back without this theme.

Just add this code in your extra.css file in the very end.

Code:
footer {
    max-width: 976px;
    margin: auto;
}

search for this code
Code:
.header_ad_code {
    right: 10px;
}

Replace it with this:
Code:
.header_ad_code {
    margin-left: 505px;
}
Thanks a lot that looks amazing now. Is there a property to control those adverts spaces or do we just replace the image and hyperlink it? If so where abouts is all this info kept - n00b :)

Top Bottom