1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AdminForum [Paid] [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Style Releases' started by meSingh, Dec 9, 2012.

1. meSingh

meSingh Active Member

2. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

This is nice!

Wrong forum though. I thought this was a mod.

3. meSingh

meSingh Active Member

How did that happened? :p

4. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

I do have a small complaint about this skin though.

I see it uses a lot of !important css overrides. This makes it hard to customize without directly editing the skin. This is a big taboo if you ask me.

Also, the footers don't comply with .pageWidth.

Chime likes this.
  5. meSingh

meSingh Active Member

I can understand your point. This is my first ever theme and i am still learning.

I am doing updates on this regularly and soon will remove as much !important overrides as possible.

Apart from that, most of the changes are done is Extra.css file so it would not be that difficult to do those changes.

6. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Understandable. Though personally I don't think as a skin designer you should be doing things in Extra.css. Extra.css is reserved for the end user; you should be making your own css files, or editing the build in css files directly.

Looking at it, I probably wont be using this skin because of how hard its looking to customize (one of the reasons I buy skins now is because I have no interest in customizing my own). But either way, this is a pretty fantastic looking skin for your first attempt.

Most skins I see out there are simple minor color edits, and look pretty much exactly the same as the default skin, and still cost $20. So I'm definitely looking forward to your future skins, because this one is already so much more than that.

7. meSingh

meSingh Active Member

@Jaxel
    Thanks for your feedback. It would be really great if you can post a review.

I will do keep your suggestion in mind while providing updates. Will also try to provide a update without css overrides as soon as possible. :)

8. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC Well-Known Member

Yeah - really nice design you've created.
    Congratulations!

J.

9. meSingh

meSingh Active Member

10. ddmmh

ddmmh Well-Known Member

I agree,

Amazing first attempt! One thing I noticed in the screenshots and in the demo is the forum category description text, I guess most people don't use them but if they did they wouldn't look too good, apart from that, I am very interested in buying this for a new project once its tidied up as Jaxel advised, well done

11. meSingh

meSingh Active Member

I am sure, no one uses category descriptions, but if i do get some requests for it, will see what i can do.

Thanks for the feedback though :)

12. meSingh

meSingh Active Member

While doing update, i have made the category description to look like this
    http://awesomescreenshot.com/0a6p48oee

You can check it on the current demo site. Let me know how does it look like. ;)

ddmmh and MsJacquiiC like this.
  13. meSingh

meSingh Active Member

14. gfc

gfc Active Member

Very nice! Is the skin responsible? Or is it planned to be? That would be a big plus, would pay extra for that.

alexD likes this.
  15. ddmmh

ddmmh Well-Known Member

I already really liked the skin, the category sub-text looks great now. This is the skin I am going to buy soon for my new project, keep up the good work

16. ddmmh

ddmmh Well-Known Member

Purchased :)

17. ddmmh

ddmmh Well-Known Member

Hi meSingh,

Ive set my max-width to 976px. But the top and bottom headers arent adjusting, i assume they are a different property? Can you advise how I can also shrink these to a max width of 976px? thanks

Example @ http://mmazone.com.au/league/

1 More question I forgot to ask. This style was on a site called AdminForum wasnt it? Please tell me you are the original owner

18. meSingh

meSingh Active Member

Yes, I am the original owner. I just sold the forum a few months back without this theme.

Just add this code in your extra.css file in the very end.

Code:
    footer {
        max-width: 976px;
        margin: auto;
    }

search for this code
    Code:
    .header_ad_code {
        margin-top: 20px;
        right: 10px;
        position: absolute;
    }

Replace it with this:
    Code:
    .header_ad_code {
        margin-top: 20px;
        position: absolute;
        margin-left: 505px;
    }

wickedstangs and ddmmh like this.
  19. meSingh

meSingh Active Member

Do you mean Responsive?

It is a fluid theme and will work with almost all screen sizes, but not with mobile devices.

20. ddmmh

ddmmh Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot that looks amazing now. Is there a property to control those adverts spaces or do we just replace the image and hyperlink it? If so where abouts is all this info kept - n00b :)