Admin Talk Interviews Scott Molinari of vb-germany

Brandon Sheley

Well it's that time again, we managed to get a good collection of questions together for Scott Molinari from vbulletin germany.

ProfilePhotos.webp

Scott told me he'd answer a few counter questions if anyone wants to comment on what he said. You can either post it on Admin Talk or here and I'll copy them over.

Thanks for checking out the interview, it's a long one. :D

I have always respected that Scott can play Devils advocate better then anyone i know IRL and online. He has actually made an art of it. I have tried his approach on my own forums at times without nearly the success. ;)

Hehehe....Brandon pointed me to this thread.

About my typo. It really doesn't matter which admin forum, I meant all admins of any forum, who take the time and diligence to make their forum software great in a team effort and spirit with the software vendors naturally.;)

@Optima - I came over to Germany in the Air Force, got married to a nice German girl, we had a son and I stayed here, when the cold war ended. Germany is a nice place to live.:)

Scott

I have always respected that Scott can play Devils advocate better then anyone i know IRL and online. He has actually made an art of it. I have tried his approach on my own forums at times without nearly the success. ;)

Hehehe.... I have never considered myself a devil's advocate before. Interesting point of view. An art of it? I'll take that as a nice compliment. Thanks!(y)

Scott

Hehehe.... I have never considered myself a devil's advocate before. Interesting point of view. An art of it? I'll take that as a nice compliment. Thanks!(y)

Scott

When are you moving to Xenforo? :P *waves to Scott*

Havn't had the chance to read the interview but reading Scott's post on <insert software product here site> he is a voice of reason and I always enjoyed and eager to read what Scott had to say. I'll have a read tonight which I'm sure is a great interview judging by the past interviews you posted Brandon. :)

If you read the interview, it will most likely answer your question.;)

I intend to be here more often than <insert software product here site>, because I am also using Xenforo actively now and it is just a lot more fun here. And I am harveyed at <insert software product here site> too. Still, it is fun to read the ridiculousness going on over at <insert software product here site>. I am certainly glad I am no longer directly involved.

Scott

What are your favourite beers?

There are so many good beers here.:) My favorite is the local pilsner beer from Karlsberg. (not to be confused with the Danish beer Carlsberg). I also like Bitburger and Warsteiner. We actually have a Hooters here not too far away and they server Warsteiner.

Very interesting thoughtful interview. Thanks Scott and Brandon.

Scott, how far will your new type of software be a competitor for XF?

Hmm...I don't think it would be appropriate to answer that question here. Well, I don't think Kier, Mike or Ashley would appreciate me selling my ideas for a new system here on their forum, so I've answered your question on Admin-Talk.

Scott

Scott understood. Thank you for the other reply.
I mostly get your point about "my users" versus the global pool of users who are people with different memberships. Interesting - but there are also good reasons why forums will atill function well, alongside your platform.

Top Bottom