Admin Talk Interviews Scott Molinari of vb-germany

=MGN=RedEagle

FredC

I have always respected that Scott can play Devils advocate better then anyone i know IRL and online. He has actually made an art of it. I have tried his approach on my own forums at times without nearly the success. ;)

s.molinari

Hehehe....Brandon pointed me to this thread.

About my typo. It really doesn't matter which admin forum, I meant all admins of any forum, who take the time and diligence to make their forum software great in a team effort and spirit with the software vendors naturally.;)

@Optima - I came over to Germany in the Air Force, got married to a nice German girl, we had a son and I stayed here, when the cold war ended. Germany is a nice place to live.:)

Scott

s.molinari

I have always respected that Scott can play Devils advocate better then anyone i know IRL and online. He has actually made an art of it. I have tried his approach on my own forums at times without nearly the success. ;)
Hehehe.... I have never considered myself a devil's advocate before. Interesting point of view. An art of it? I'll take that as a nice compliment. Thanks!(y)

Scott

Shelley

Hehehe.... I have never considered myself a devil's advocate before. Interesting point of view. An art of it? I'll take that as a nice compliment. Thanks!(y)

Scott
When are you moving to Xenforo? :p *waves to Scott*

Havn't had the chance to read the interview but reading Scott's post on <insert software product here site> he is a voice of reason and I always enjoyed and eager to read what Scott had to say. I'll have a read tonight which I'm sure is a great interview judging by the past interviews you posted Brandon. :)

s.molinari

If you read the interview, it will most likely answer your question.;)

I intend to be here more often than <insert software product here site>, because I am also using Xenforo actively now and it is just a lot more fun here. And I am harveyed at <insert software product here site> too. Still, it is fun to read the ridiculousness going on over at <insert software product here site>. I am certainly glad I am no longer directly involved.

Scott

s.molinari

What are your favourite beers?
There are so many good beers here.:) My favorite is the local pilsner beer from Karlsberg. (not to be confused with the Danish beer Carlsberg). I also like Bitburger and Warsteiner. We actually have a Hooters here not too far away and they server Warsteiner.

Very interesting thoughtful interview. Thanks Scott and Brandon.

Scott, how far will your new type of software be a competitor for XF?
Hmm...I don't think it would be appropriate to answer that question here. Well, I don't think Kier, Mike or Ashley would appreciate me selling my ideas for a new system here on their forum, so I've answered your question on Admin-Talk.

Scott

Morgain

Scott understood. Thank you for the other reply.
I mostly get your point about "my users" versus the global pool of users who are people with different memberships. Interesting - but there are also good reasons why forums will atill function well, alongside your platform.