Admin permissions not working

markoroots

Hi there, I have tried to add a new admin to the forum assigning him only some option but loging in with his account I have seen that the admin panel for him have all sections enabled. Is it a bug or I have made something wrong?

The 2.1 version.
Yes but few things about addons, it's a fresh installation with the import from Vb4

Login as User (LAU2) 1.2.4

Post Content Find / Replace 2.0.1
Allows an administrator to do a regular expression find and replace in the content of all posts.

XenForo Importers 1.3.2
Collection of importers for XenForo.

XenForo Redirects for vBulletin 1.1.5
Seamless redirection for any vBulletin URLs to imported XenF

Only this

How are you checking the permissions?

Are you logging in to the account directly, or using the login as user add-on?

If it's the latter, you will need to take it up with the add-on author.

I have just test it with that addon and also by loging out from my account (in the classic way, whitout use the addon) and then loggin in again with a other test account where I had setted only few section as visible in the admin permission for this account, but nothing change because are shown all admin options available in it

What do the permissions for the Administrative group look like? A "yes" on options here might be overriding the "no/inherit" options set in the "add administrator" screen. Just a guess, might be wrong.

If you can post screenshots of the permissions on those screens it will help us understand the problem better.

The problem is that creating a new admin from Groups and Permissions - Administrators - Create Administrator and the selecting an user with the only permission to see for example "Manage Usergroups", the admin isn't created as setted. Infact entering with that account all the admin options are enabled

The problem is that creating a new admin from Groups and Permissions - Administrators - Create Administrator and the selecting an user with the only permission to see for example "Manage Usergroups", the admin isn't created as setted. Infact entering with that account all the admin options are enabled
Working as intended, from my testing. Make sure that you're not ticking the box next to "Administrative" when creating a new admin, and when you edit the user, make sure that administrative is not the primary or a secondary user group. Otherwise, as Brogan has said, it has to be an addon problem.

Last edited:
Working as intended, from my testing. Make sure that you're not ticking the box next to "Administrative" when creating a new admin, and when you edit the user
Thanks for your tip, also if I have't understand what box you mean.

Here a screenshot of a Test user that stay in the "Users" group:

Sef.webp

At this point it's probably better to submit a ticket so we can look into it.

We will need a super admin log in to XF, FTP and cPanel access, if available.

Ahh sorry I have found the problem.
The fact is that when I logged out from my account and then try to login with the Test account, I made this operation from the the front of the forum and the admincp still remained loged as my admin principal account. So that deleting the cookies before to enter again with the Test account, it login in the admincp as should be.
All ok then.
Thanks for you help :)

Top Bottom