Not a bug Admin Navigation

It's not 100% clear what you're reporting here as an issue, the two screenshots are effectively of two different things that have no relation to one another.

That said, the entire system is designed to only show add-on content from add-ons which are enabled, if you are seeing a different behaviour when an add-on is disabled you would need to contact the author in the first instance as they may be doing something that isn't supported.

This would be especially the case if you can only reproduce this problem with that add-on, but other add-ons work correctly.

It's not 100% clear what you're reporting here as an issue, the two screenshots are effectively of two different things that have no relation to one another.

Do you want me to elaborate more to prove these 2 things are EFFECTIVELY the same thing?

LoL @Chris D "Xenforor Developer" shame on you!

They aren't even effectively the same thing. The first screenshot is a list of node types. The second screenshot is the edit page of an entry in the Admin Navigation system.

Anyway, if you don't wish to elaborate further and receive further help, please refer to the original advice.

I assume that the OP is reporting the fact that when Widget Framework is disabled, you can then still create a Widget Page in the Node tree (or at least see the create Widget Page page, I've not actually tried creating one).

This is a bug with Widget Framework, not XenForo. As such, it needs to be reported in the Widget Framework discussion thread.

@Mac_i7, although you and I know that these screenshots are related (sort of), please remember that the XenForo devs are not necessarily familiar with all add-ons, so explanation on your part beyond screenshots is usually required. There's no need to be rude to them.

Last edited:
It's not a XenForo bug. I just disabled a couple of my add-ons that modify the node list, and adds admin links to another area, to test what you are reporting. When disabled, everything associated with those add-ons are removed as expected.

Follow @Brogan ad @Chris D 's advice.

BTW, Chris knows the software he is helping develop quite well.

Just to follow on from @Lawrence, even when an add-on is disabled, you can always see the Admin Navigation Links pages (like the one in the screenshot), they don't change or disappear. I tested this with several add-ons including official ones (XFMG).

Just to follow on from @Lawrence, even when an add-on is disabled, you can always see the Admin Navigation Links pages (like the one in the screenshot), they don't change or disappear. I tested this with several add-ons including official ones (XFMG).

I had to do a refresh for my custom admin links to disappear. If I don't do a refresh, and click the link right after I disable an add-on, I get a route not found error.

I had to do a refresh for my custom admin links to disappear. If I don't do a refresh, and click the link right after I disable an add-on, I get a route not found error.
Indeed. We don't reload the page after disabling an add-on, but disabling an add-on will prevent all admin navigation entries from appearing.

Indeed. We don't reload the page after disabling an add-on, but disabling an add-on will prevent all admin navigation entries from appearing.
What I meant was the Admin Navigation 'setup' pages (see screenshot) are available for add-ons even if they are disabled.

Screenshot_2015-10-18-16-07-42.webp

Ah, I see. Yeah, that would be expected with it being a development system. It's actually not uncommon for the systems in the Development tab to ignore the add-on active state. The most we would do is make entries appear styled as if they were disabled but that's not ever so important here, IMO.

Indeed not. It is on the development side of things anyway which should only need to be accessed by some people. I was really just highlighting this fact to the OP and anyone else who may be unaware of this. :)

Top Bottom