• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.4 Admin Log

Hello!

Please tell, is it possible to grant access to the "Admin Log" not giving rights super-administrator? For example, if I want to give access to logs, but I don't want to have the right to appoint administrators.
Thanks. :)

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Access to the ACP is only available to administrators.

You will need to promote the members to administrator status.

About access admin panel I know. :)
I'm interested in is it possible to give access only to "Admin log", In order to view the log, but could not appoint new administrators.

I tried this. :)
admin.php?logs/admin
If not set in the config, writes:
You must be a super administrator to access this page. This can be configured in the file library/config.php.

On the other way? It is strange that this box does not give access to this journal, or there is no division in the config logs on and super-administrator. :(
I need to have access to the logs, but it was not possible to appoint administrators.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I really don't understand what it is you're trying to say.

All administrators can access the logs, apart from the admin log which only super administrators can access.

Sorry, my bad english. I'll try again to explain. :rolleyes:
I need admin to view the admin log (admin.php?logs/admin), but no need to be able to assign other administrators (admin.php?admins). Is this possible to implement? :)

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
The admin log is only available to a super admin (which has access to everything). The admin log has some data that could possibly be sensitive so it's access is restricted. This can't be changed without custom development/an add-on.

The admin log is only available to a super admin (which has access to everything). The admin log has some data that could possibly be sensitive so it's access is restricted. This can't be changed without custom development/an add-on.
Is it possible to make it a separate setting as to vbulletin?
$config['SpecialUsers']['canviewadminlog'] = 'id';