1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Admin Log

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Syed Jahangir ALi Bukhari, Mar 14, 2012.

1. How to clear admin log?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You would have to empty it via phpMyAdmin. It cannot be cleared via the web interface (intentionally).

3. masterchief

masterchief Well-Known Member

how to do that?

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

TRUNCATE xf_admin_log

5. masterchief

accomplished .. sounds like an addon is needed as XF is not equipped to handle this much needed maintenance action

6. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

7. masterchief

8. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

That is actually built into 1.2 now Options --> Logging Options

upload_2013-10-16_21-3-57.png

9. masterchief

we just need to get admin log added to logging options as it should be said 'old admin logs are rarely useful and simply take up space.'

10. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That would defeat the point -- the admin log is designed to be an audit trail should something happen. Allowing a the person who took the offending action to then clear the log would prevent auditability.

You can change the log length from config.php though. (Assuming that only the site owners would have access to the files or that if an account is compromised, the attacker doesn't have access to the files.)

11. masterchief

I have set my admin log length to 14 days via config.php .. out of curiosity, how many people have admin privileges on your system? I have luxury of being sole admin on my system. ~peace