XF 2.2 Admin Links should be nofollow

darkeye

Hi there, with my admin account I am linking to lot's of other websites. I want to link to these sites always with nofollow. How I can realize that for all my links before and for links in future?

This is unnecessary.

If you are using XF 2.2 then you can control which users have links which are "nofollow" using the permision 'Bypass "nofollow" in submitted content links'.

Question: Should we be using the rel="ugc" for user-generated content rather than "nofollow"?

This is what google recommends. "We recommend marking user-generated content (UGC) links, such as comments and forum posts, as ugc."

ugc.webp

We do insert this permission on upgrade to try to approximate it, but it may not be the same in all scenarios (our permission inserts trigger based on other permissions, so in this case, it's based on the ability to view IPs).

You can always use the permission analyzer to check whether a user has the permission.

@Mike

Assuming that admins are set to bypass nofollow as above, what about the case where an admin posts a link that s/he specifically wants to be be nofollow?

I used to have a nofollow bbcode but it seems it no longer works. Can the link be edited in code mode to add the nofollow attribute?

Top Bottom