1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Admin can't stay logged in

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by FriscoCharlie, Jul 10, 2015.

1. FriscoCharlie

FriscoCharlie Active Member

One of my admins uses Internet Explorer and he cannot stay logged into the site. He has to keep logging in over and over. He says he never had this problem on VB before we switched.

Is there any advice I should give him?

2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Does his IP change by any chance? The session is invalidated if the IP changes.

(Although that only applies to the backend)

3. FriscoCharlie

I don't think so. He is just a standard DSL user.
  4. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

I've no idea what DSL is, but I'm assuming it's just bog standard Broadband.

In that case, there could be a few things:

1. Do you redirect www and non-www requests? This would normally cause issues for more users, but always best to check.
    2. Has he been clearing his cookies, or are cookies being cleared automatically by anything?

5. FriscoCharlie

DSL (Digital Subscriber Line) from the phone company. We don't redirect anything that I know of. He says that cookies are not being killed.
  6. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

That'll likely be the issue then. You should redirect www to non-www or vice versa. See point 19 of the FAQ.

Frequently Asked Questions
  7. mediapac

mediapac Member

i have the same problems in front alright, admin session all one minute logged out:mad: