XF 1.3 Admin access regarding facebook

Neil E.

I was adding responsive code to the various BB code media sites when I received an error message.

FORBIDDEN: You don't have permission to access /admin.php on this server.

This occurs only for the facebook BB code media site and happens when I try to use the "save BB code media site" button. It happens even without making a change and trying to resave the existing code.

I can perform any other admin function just like normal. Nothing in the server error logs. My super admin permissions are all checked.

I recently switched to a new ISP, could this have any bearing on it?

I don't use facebook, is there some sort of "facebook check" taking place?
The "facebook integration page" has nothing entered in the fields.

That is typically a mod_security issue on the server.

Contact your host and they should be able to whitelist the offending rule.

I was adding responsive code to the various BB code media sites when I received an error message.

FORBIDDEN: You don't have permission to access /admin.php on this server.

This occurs only for the facebook BB code media site and happens when I try to use the "save BB code media site" button. It happens even without making a change and trying to resave the existing code.

I can perform any other admin function just like normal. Nothing in the server error logs. My super admin permissions are all checked.

I recently switched to a new ISP, could this have any bearing on it?

I don't use facebook, is there some sort of "facebook check" taking place?
The "facebook integration page" has nothing entered in the fields.

It sounds more like mod_security or similar is causing the request to be rejected - you should contact your host and describe the error :)

Liam

Exactly as you described. I phoned the host and they whitelisted the offending rule. I also asked a few questions and learned about php memory settings. Many thanks.

Top Bottom