1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adjusting the Profile Pages

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Chuck, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Chuck

Chuck Member

I am a little curious as to the amount of control the admin has over profile pages. When I click on a person's profile page the first thing I see is the Profile Posts tab. Is there a way to change it to where I go to the Information tab first when I click on a profile. Also, is it possible to change the names of the tabs on profile pages (e.g.Profile Posts, Recent Activity, Postings, and Information). Would I be able to change the tab Information to say About Me
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Almost all of the text is phrased, so it's easily changed in the ACP.

To change the tab which is loaded when viewing a profile would require an add-on (to avoid editing the core templates/files).
  3. Chuck

Chuck Member

Okay thanks a lot, especially for the quick response
  4. Chuck

Chuck Member

Do you happen to know the name of the add-on that does that
  5. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

None exists.
  6. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be hard to get one.
    There's a member called Fuhrmann who has done an addon to manage the Profile tabs. It can add new ones for example, and reame them I think.
    He might be interested in doing a bit of code to alter which tab shows as default.

What I did was a template edit to split the page content in 2 columns.
    Left shows the existing posts list.
    Right shows the one called Information with my custom profile fields.
  7. dwdmadmac

dwdmadmac Active Member

Might I ask which files I would need to look into if I did wanted to modified the profile page layout?
  8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The template is member_view.
    iGloo' likes this.