1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Adjusting column widths on forum home

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by jauburn, Dec 1, 2013.

1. jauburn

jauburn Well-Known Member

I'm bothered by the fact that, on forum home, the column with the "latest" and "xx minutes ago" information is fixed, while the column to the left, with the forum title, is not. Consequently, when you narrow the width of your browser, the forum name (which is more important) takes the hit, to to speak. Is there a way to devote less space to the "latest" column and more to the one that holds the names of forums? Thanks.

2. jauburn

Any ideas on this?

Related question: Is it possible to remove the "latest" column altogether?
  3. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Have you changed the Responsive settings at all? That just doesn't look right compared to a default install. As you can tell in the screenshot below the last post info is hidden to the right and displays basic info under the node stats once the defined width is met. Last post info should be hidden before the node title wraps.

4. jauburn

I have not. Take a look at my site to see what I mean. You can shrink the width of the browser window, and the board names wrap but the "latest" rectangle remains fixed.
  5. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Your forum is not responsive. Make sure you enable it and remove any min-width or any template changes you made to the default style.
    Steve F likes this.
  6. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Have you went into Style Properties >> Responsive Design and checked the tick box to enable responsive?
    Steve F likes this.
  7. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

The responsive design is not enabled or something, nothing is working when decreasing browser window.
  8. jauburn

I understand that. I was talking about the behavior in nonresponsive mode.
  9. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

The lastpost area is fixed so it will remain that size. If your wanting things to adjust depending on the width of the browser = Enable Responsive. And use media query's adjusting/displaying/hiding elements to suit your needs.

A good resource - http://xenforo.com/community/resources/responsive-design.2193/