AdeptGamer

Forsaken

AdeptGamer is a new gaming community created by myself and some friends after we left another site. Overall we're intending to be general gaming/general technology but we will also be focusing on specific niches as well (Currently Kairosoft, Epic Devs and Knights of Pen and Paper).

We are currently in the process of preparing for our official launch (Still waiting on our news portal) but I figured that we're currently active enough that I might as well advertise the site :sneaky:.

Currently you'll mostly find discussion about mobile games, indie developers, Kairosoft games (Since leaving the previous site we're the primary source of content and guides for their releases) and news about Epic Devs, a new indie developer who is also friends with the staff.

We also have a podcast supplied by Chicago Gamers United who we recently partnered with. They cover a wide range of topics related to gaming and worth the time to listen too (Especially when Devon gets cut off for talking too much).

I'll also be finishing up and launching a new style to replace the current one (I've attached a few pictures below).

Current preview of the new style:

Adept-v2.webp
Alternative color options:

Combo.webp

Let me know what you think.

Top notch work on the design (y) I love it

I did notice a few things. The navigation menu for the guides tab doesn't drop down correctly (i have been to this site before), and the member title on the profile page isn't spaces out even. The content under the "Social Forums" Tab" might want to be cleaned up a bit. And the blocklinkslist for the sub forum menus might want to styled more.

Also I think it would be cool to have the sidebar float as you scroll down. :)

I like the colors a lot. Only thing I don't like is the lack of a logo.. Branding your community is important imo.

Logo will be going into the sidebar, I just haven't done it yet.

I did notice a few things. The navigation menu for the guides tab doesn't drop down correctly (i have been to this site before), and the member title on the profile page isn't spaces out even. The content under the "Social Forums" Tab" might want to be cleaned up a bit. And the blocklinkslist for the sub forum menus might want to styled more.

If you're talking about the new design it's because I haven't gotten to those parts yet.

Just added sidebar scrolling.

Nice work David. Not sure how I feel about the forum home layout, but you always tend to pleasantly surprise me, so I'll reserve judgement for the finished product. ;)

You know my exact feelings on this style. lol. (y)

AKA, I love the header and side bar. I hold off on judgement of the forum home until the very end. :)

Nice work David. Not sure how I feel about the forum home layout, but you always tend to pleasantly surprise me, so I'll reserve judgement for the finished product. ;)

Going with a split column layout is about the only way to save on scrolling for members.

It won't be quite as uniform as we're going to use custom icons which should alleviate most of the issues I've seen with dual column layouts.

You know my exact feelings on this style. lol. (y)

AKA, I love the header and side bar. I hold off on judgement of the forum home until the very end. :)

Yeah, enough to steal them already :@.

Woah, that is a pretty Staff List. :)
Снимок экрана 2013-04-17 в 21.10.52.webp

Is this an add-on or a customization you have made? Currently trying to poke around the code and see if I can implement something similar. :)

Top Bottom