Addons should be more affordable and in dollars...

How much addons should cost?

• 11 to 20 dollars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21 to 30 dollars

• 30+ dollars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

florencia

Many people in many different forums talk about how expensive addons are. This is just a suggestion, we know it takes time and effort, but you we will have more people buying addons if they were less expensive, and this will result in more happy users of our forums, which will result in more people knowing xenforo and getting confortable using it. This will bring more developers buying xenforo as a solution. =>> more addon sells.

Also, can we choose a different currency than pounds? I guess most people in this world would like to see prices in dollars. I know it looks lees expensive because the number is smaller in pounds but I would like to see the real price I will pay in dollars.

If you can afford the price of a xF license then $20-30 here and there won't kill you. The reason why addons cost as much as they do is because of the time that has gone into development. You mentioned in the Featured Threads thread about iPhone apps being cheaper. They are cheaper because if the developer made an app people want he/she has a bigger customer base of millions of potential customers. xF is commercial forum software so therefore it's not for those that don't want to spend money. As stated by @Sheldon if you want a cheaper addon learn to code it yourself. I don't have the time or motivation to learn so I (along with a majority of the members here) have no problem paying for a quality addon that will benefit our forum.

I vote for the "other" option... whatever the developer deems their product is worth or should be priced. I'm not one to say what their time and work is worth.

As for the currency issue, Google is rather easy to use, I'd say 90% of people have it bookmarked... so, 5 seconds you can get the conversion.

I vote for the "other" option... whatever the developer deems their product is worth or should be priced. I'm not one to say what their time and work is worth.

As for the currency issue, Google is rather easy to use, I'd say 90% of people have it bookmarked... so, 5 seconds you can get the conversion.

I think you are being extremely unreasonable and need to excuse your self from the internet because it is obviously gave you grand delusions of self entitlement.
/sarcasm

This has been discussed at length before:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/very-expensive-addons.59584/
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-justified-is-it-to-charge-for-listeners-i-e-add-ons.57123/
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/addons-cost-too-dang-much.42497/

I'm going to close this before it gets out of hand while making the following comment:
It is XenForo's official policy that we do not 'police' the add-ons released here. Its practically impossible to review every add-on, and nobody has the right to dictate what someone charges (or doesn't charge) for their add-on. If you find an add-on with a security issue, report it and it will be dealt with accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom