[AddonFlare] XF2 Moods [Deleted]

AddonFlare

AddonFlare submitted a new resource:

[AddonFlare] XF2 Moods - Allow Users To Share Their Current Mood / Motivate User Activity & Engagement

Introducing moods for XF2!

Allow users to set and share their current mood with everyone.

Add mood images by uploading, URL, or selecting an image from the gallery.
Quick setup with gallery import to import all moods from a directory.

Note: Mood images used in screenshots are only used as an example and are not included, they are owned by Shelley (https://xenforo.com/community/resources/mood-icons-v2.1921/)

Import from gallery instructions:
  • After installing the...

Read more about this resource...

1568225139773.png

@AddonFlare can I ask if this experience is typical if you somehow detect an installation which doesn't have a license?

Can you confirm that in such a case, the entire forum is locked until action is taken?

We're going to have to ask you to make changes to that. That's a fairly unacceptable and over-forceful approach to managing the license terms of a fairly small add-on.

This actually happened to a legitimate customer installing on a test site so there's a good chance the process is way over-zealous as it is.

Please make changes as we may not otherwise be able to allow the add-on to be listed here, and please let us know when those changes will be made.

If there is some sort of license callback / phoning home, as per the resource standards this needs to be made clear in the resource description.

@Chris D if the license is invalid it will only show that in the public view, but we’re making changes so the message doesn’t show on a blank page. They should be ready sometime this weekend.

There are no callbacks, the license/forum URL are checked within the add-on’s code.

@AddonFlare Tool-tip missing for Show mood as an icon? Please can you give hot fix update for this issue? Add Tool-tip text Update Your Mood?

ScreenShot01299.png

Also add User change logs when user update or remove there modds.

ScreenShot01300.webp

Last edited:
Feature requests:
  1. Easily change 'moods' to something else. (if not yet easily possible trough phrases)
  2. Display mood on 'about author', Blog details, blog information in @Bob 's User Blogs System.
  3. Usergroup permissions per mood OR create mood sets that have usergroup permissions.
  4. Full CSS mood banners.
  5. Display mood change in recent activity.
  6. Widget to display your mood.
  7. Consider to reduce the price to be competitive with other moods addons. Other moods addons branding free lifetime: €30. Yours: $165. 😭
    Consider that its not an advanced addon (compared to your other addons) and offers functionality that can partly be accomplished with custom user fields.

Last edited:
@AddonFlare Tool-tip missing for Show mood as an icon? Please can you give hot fix update for this issue? Add Tool-tip text Update Your Mood?

View attachment 214504

Also add User change logs when user update or remove there modds.

View attachment 214505
@AddonFlare One more issued, Default Mood aren't showing for all users. Only showing for new Registration user after addon installation.

These will be addressed in the next release

1. Easily change 'moods' to something else. (if not yet easily possible trough phrases)
  2. Display mood on 'about author', Blog details, blog information in @Bob 's User Blogs System.
  3. Usergroup permissions per mood OR create mood sets that have usergroup permissions.
  4. Full CSS mood banners.
  5. Display mood change in recent activity.
  6. Widget to display your mood.
Thanks for the suggestions

Consider to reduce the price to be competitive with other moods addons. Other moods addons branding free lifetime: €30. Yours: $165. 😭
Consider that its not an advanced addon (compared to your other addons)

Good idea, we'll give it a test run. Here are the updated license prices: (also branding-free for this add-on is now only $39.97)
Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 12.55.35 AM.webp

View attachment 210187

@AddonFlare can I ask if this experience is typical if you somehow detect an installation which doesn't have a license?

Can you confirm that in such a case, the entire forum is locked until action is taken?

We're going to have to ask you to make changes to that. That's a fairly unacceptable and over-forceful approach to managing the license terms of a fairly small add-on.

This actually happened to a legitimate customer installing on a test site so there's a good chance the process is way over-zealous as it is.

Please make changes as we may not otherwise be able to allow the add-on to be listed here, and please let us know when those changes will be made.

If there is some sort of license callback / phoning home, as per the resource standards this needs to be made clear in the resource description.

I purchased and installed the Moods add-on this morning on our Xenforo test site (we are migrating from vBulletin to Xenforo). Obviously, we want to set this up to be ready for final migration and the new site. I submitted 'bgobsession.com' as the 'URL' but am getting this same error message. Perhaps that's because there is a '/______' on our test site.

It is common for add-on developers to require a 'domain' but I think asking for the exact URL creates problems in this scenario.

I have sent a request to the 'Contact Us' address but have not heard back.

I purchased and installed the Moods add-on this morning on our Xenforo test site (we are migrating from vBulletin to Xenforo). Obviously, we want to set this up to be ready for final migration and the new site. I submitted 'bgobsession.com' as the 'URL' but am getting this same error message. Perhaps that's because there is a '/______' on our test site.

It is common for add-on developers to require a 'domain' but I think asking for the exact URL creates problems in this scenario.

I have sent a request to the 'Contact Us' address but have not heard back.
Hi John,

I’ve replied to your ticket. Your license URL has been updated to your test site, let us know once you’re ready to change it back. To clarify, the error message doesn’t lock down the entire forum. It just shows as text where the header ad would show.

- Ivan

Love this mod and about to give it a review. Only thing I'd like to be able to do would be to have the 'mood' menu (when 'mood' drop-down clicked) be more 'wide' than 'long'. It's a little awkward scrolling and sometimes having to move the page further down to be able to see all of the mood choices. Would be good to have an option to make the list 4-6 columns wide instead of just 2 so you could see most if not all the choices without having to scroll the page. Any chance someone could share a code snippet and template name to accomplish that?

Top Bottom