[AddonFlare] XF2 Ignore/Block Essentials [Deleted]

People can still see all posts from Members who ignore them with 2 way.
This is working with the search function.

1641303931697.webp

The Member who is logged in here can see all post, if he want, from the member who ignored him.

An open question for anyone who uses this add-on.

User A initiates a 2 way block on User B.

User B has already started a thread that User A contributed to. As User B was the OP of that thread and is now blocked by A does that mean that A will no longer see that thread and ANY of its content or will it just be B's posts, including the one that started the thread, that are no longer visible?

It's almost impossible to test that scenario on a dev site when there is only 1 active user ie me, the Admin. Even if I create other, fictions, users, it's a nightmare to really test so am asking if anyone has direct experience of this please.

TIA

It's almost impossible to test that scenario on a dev site when there is only 1 active user ie me, the Admin. Even if I create other, fictions, users, it's a nightmare to really test so am asking if anyone has direct experience of this please.

I can't answer your question about this addon, but I do this type of testing regularly. The key is multiple browsers and/or separate private/incognito windows (y)

Is it possible, that staffs (mod/admin) can't ignore user? If yes, how must be setting?
Does anyone have experience with it

My members ask almost every day for the ability to seperate "Ignore" and "2 Way Ignore (Block]). A lot of people don't use this feature as much because they don't want to hard block everyone they ignore for the sake of blocking just one person.

Please make it possible to ignore and block seperately. Please please please. They have been begging for years.

Reactions: the
Yes, but if staff ignore users so they can't warn them if it is necessary

It's possible to customize it via templates with conditional statements to block staff from ignoring users. But you would also need to request staff to manually unignore anyone that's already been ignored.

You can use this addon to check who is ignoring who: https://www.xf2addons.com/resources/ignore-list.429/

Otherwise, there's no built in feature to accomplish it. It is possible to achieve with modifying.

This was a good idea and I wish it was still supported. I did pay for several lifetime licenses. :p

I paid for a lifetime license as well. I find it very frustrating when a developer sells lifetime licenses for a plugin and then fails to do any bug fixes for over a year and a half. It's disrespectful. At least have the courtesy to post in the thread explaining why there have been no updates.

Top Bottom